Super Elvis goes into beta

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by princec, Nov 4, 2004.

1. princec

Indie Author

Cas :)

2. princec

Indie Author

A newer tweaked version has been uploaded. The controls have been tweaked somewhat; I'd be gratefuly if you could tell me if they've improved any.

Otherwise, there are still some dud levels in there, and some buggy ones. But most of the rest, I've slowed down the aliens quite a bit, but made them much more fatal to touch.

3. Martoon

Original Member

I ran the webstart version, and it transferred some files, and I also downloaded the Win32 install again. On both of them, it still says "v1.0 demo" on the menu screen. Is there a way to know for sure if I'm running the new version you uploaded?

4. princec

Indie Author

Yeah, CTRL-space no longer works to let you enter any level you like.

5. Martoon

Original Member

Ahh, and spacebar no longer finishes a level you're playing. So looks like I'm running the new build. Thanks!

6. princec

Indie Author

Free regcodes for all when I get the server running...

7. Curiosoft

Indie Author

It's amazing how many potentially paying customers still have them ;)

8. Martoon

Original Member

Okay, I've had a couple minutes to play the new version. The controls are better now. I can't tell specifically what's changed, but I have better luck locking the firing in the direction I want. Something I would like to see in the options is a choice to have Elvis point (and lock firing) in the opposite direction than I'm moving, since games that do this feel more playable to me. But in any case, the controls are definitely improved from before.

The new level balancing also feels better. Slowing the aliens down gives you a little more control over the level (less random mouse thrashing, hoping you're not hit), while making collisions more deadly keeps the difficulty reasonable. Overall, the difficulty in the 9 levels I get with the demo feels about right. It didn't take me too long to master those 9 levels, but with 81 in the full game, that'll be about right. I mastered those 9 just fast enough that I was still psyched about the game, and immediately wanted more.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait for my reg code so I can get to the other levels.

9. someone

Original Member

Good game, I love the graphics, but in my computer controls seems to be out of control. I played both Java WebStart and downloadable version.

- I have to press and hold the left mouse button 3 seconds to get the button work.
    - When I click something, or stop clicking, game recognizes this 3 seconds later.
    - Even when I die and quit to room selection screen, game does click itself and opens rooms that I dont click.

My system is an Asus M60N Laptop with 1.7 Ghz Intel CPU, Mobility Radeon 9600 and 512 MB Ram.

#89 someone, Nov 19, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  10. princec

Indie Author

oo-er, screwy drivers or something? Never seen that before on, ooh, I don't know how many systems.

11. swollen

Original Member

I'm experiencing the exact same issues as Someone. The initial win32 version you uploaded ran fine but the new version is running horribly. The mouse sticks all over the screen and mouse button clicks don't register.

12. someone

Original Member

I forgot to mention, I have Windows XP Pro, Java2 1.4.1, and the graphics driver version is 8.01-040421a-014736C (I think this is the latest)

13. Night Elf

Original Member

I just tried Super Elvis (Win32 version, last update) and I want to say I thinks it's a great game. Very original! I love how each level has a different gameplay than the others. It also has a great style graphically.

There were a couple of levels that I couldn't figure out, however:

The first one was that in which you have to find a sort of combination. I completed the level after a while, but I have absolutely no idea how I did it.

The other is the one that says 'Hurry! Catch those strawberries' (or something like that.) I try to collect as much strawberries as I can, but I always lose and I don't understand why... I completed all the levels and lost all my lives trying to figure out this one.

My brother tried the game too and had the same problems. Maybe you'd like to give better tips for these two levels.

Other that that, I had a great fun playing all the demo levels.

By the way, it ran very smoothly on my computer (Pentium III 800 MHz, 256 MB RAM, GeForce FX 5200, Windows XP Pro.)

14. princec

Indie Author

Er, sorry about Strawberry Fields, I seem to have broken it :/ Mouse control is confirmed fux0red as well since previous build so I'll be looking into that. Thanks for the feedback.