Summer modeling competition

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Paul-Jan, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Paul-Jan

Original Member

Disclaimer: I am guessing enough of you will be actually be interested in this contest for me to be forgiven for spamming this board with something that's only sideways related to indie game development. You indie game developers are our target market, damnit, and I am not going to let this chance pass me by to give you back some of your money. :p

As the summer period is being a bit slow and in between two major releases for us over at http://www.delgine.com, we decided to put up a little 3D modeling contest.

Prize money is $500 for first place, $250 for second and $100 for third.

I invite everyone with a bit of time and 3D modeling talent (or ample enthousiasm) to join up. There is just one catch: your entry has to be modeled in DeleD, our 3D modeler (free LITE version available). If that's a showstopper because you can't stand it... well... I'll just let you be then. ;)

Click here for exact rules and other details.

2. Paul-Jan

Original Member

About 2.5 weeks to go until the formal deadline, so I though I'd liven things up a little by posting a couple of screenshots... These are taken from (non-obligatory) work-in-progress threads some of the entrants posted on our forums.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Oh joy, limited to 4 images... just picked at random there)

Feel inspired? Don't hesitate, and join the fun now!