Submit your games to my game site

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by liefy, May 3, 2007.

1. liefy

Original Member

Hi, all

I am also a indie game developer, my last game is Deep Ball Defender, now my hard work is to build my game site: BDStudioGames, if you have a excellent game and want to get more expose, you can submit it to my site:

Your game must include these info:
    - a 200x200 logo image
    - File download Size (MB)
    - Long description
    - At least 2 screenshots, thumb and large
    - Download url (must be exe file)
    - Game genre

So, you can email your game info to me: sales at bdstudiogames.com

I added about 10 games everyday.

Thanks,

liefy

2. bignobody

Indie Author

Wow, Shlongg is already there and I didn't even have to do anything ;)

Best of luck with your site!

Regards,

3. Dyno Kid

Indie Author

What does the number mean next to the big "Download now" button my game Dyno Kid has 7.8 some have nothing others 0.0 ?

Good Luck.

4. mrobert

mrobert New Member

Hello,

I just sent you the press release for our new game, Hacker Evolution

5. liefy

Original Member

Dyno,

That number is the setup package download size in MB, 7.8 means 7.8MB, the 0.0 means we don't know that data.

liefy

6. Josh1billion

Josh1billion New Member

Feedback on the site

Good: I like the site's layout and interface and everything. The comments look good too, and the phpBB smilies are a very nice touch. Basically, the graphical design of the site is perfect. But a genre organization system at the top of the page (or at least Top Downloads, Top Rated, etc. system) would help too.. I think it'd look good right under the Home/New Games/BigFishGames/etc. bar you have there, and best if in another color to symbolize that it's a different navigation panel.

Bad: Too many advertisements. Most game portals make their money off of the games themselves, not the ads, so most major portals don't even have any ads (or else I haven't noticed them, which is possible with AdBlock installed). It's also odd that you'd have so many BigFishGames ads, when I think you'd be competing against BFG.. I know BFG gives commissions for such referrals, but still.

Other chat

Nice site overall, but it could be improved to match the quality of your competitors like Manifesto Games. While I think your graphical interface would be more appealing to the casual audience than Manifesto's interface, I believe your onslaught of advertisements can easily drive away potential customers. Also, as mentioned above, adding half a dozen genres to a new top navigation bar could help the user get straight to the games they want to play -- right now, your customers will have to scroll down through the page, digging through lists of games, to find the genre they want.

I'll bookmark your site and keep you in mind when my game's done (estimated 5-6 months). :)

7. gonchelas

gonchelas New Member

its a very good site, quite fun, Im trying a similar effort, www.blazzam.com, if you could give me some feedback and also upload some games, Im just getting started myself, maybe we could excahnge some banners or links?

The games I heve here, Ive designed myself and some friends, we would like to have more gamesnand also your feedback on graphic design, game development, etc.

Thank you and congratulations

8. Spaiz

Original Member

liefy, I already noticed that you running www.download-game-demo.com and you stolen design of my www.logler.com site. This really isn't nice, man, really, shame on you :( But from other point of view, i'm pleased that our design and layout get copied, it is proved to be good!

9. Qitsune

Qitsune New Member

Many many game sites have a similar design. I wouldn't get worked up on this.