Stupid Human Needs Help Finding Programmers/Developers And The Like

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by TheFallenMoon, Jan 2, 2018.

1. TheFallenMoon

TheFallenMoon New Member

I'm someone who, as a person who cannot code but is creative and would like to become a designer of some sort, would like to know the best places to find good/decent programmers and other such people who know how to do coding stuff. I would like to find other people to form a small team, to work on smaller projects such as flash games. I cannot pay anybody, I just want a team of people to make games with. Any suggestions as to where to find such people or a team?

2. Cogniad

Cogniad New Member

I tend to see a lot of these posts, so I guess I should respond to one of them.
    If you want to make a team, you should probably have some authority on which to base it on. Typically that means you should know how to code.

Contrary to popular belief, it's not that hard. You only need to be good at logic. Unity has a lot of tutorials and documentation for you to get started with. Websites like SoloLearn are good starting points as well.

Along the way, you might want to get used to some graphic programs. If 2D is your route, then get used to some free vector art programs like Gravit Designer. If you like 3D, then blender is a good one.

Once are a bit below comfortable with coding or something like that, you can ask other people on forums to help you with a game idea. But before that, try to make a simple little game by yourself. Doesn't have to be hard. You can literally make another copy of flappy bird. Just get used to the process. Once you do that, finding a team won't be that hard.