Stunt Pilot

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HunterSD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. HunterSD

Indie Author

Hi Guys,

We've just put up our first flash game, Stunt Pilot.

Check it out at Rock Solid Arcade. The site is pretty barren right now, we'll be adding to it shortly.

I'd love to know what you all think!

[​IMG]

2. Adrian Cummings

Indie Author

I'm crap at it... but I like it! - cool - it would also make a good one thumb java mobile game.

3. Andy

Original Member

Fun game. Good luck with it!

Shouldn't up arrow move the plane to up and down arrow key back to down?..
    I mean how these keys on PC keyboard are connected to controls of the real plane?..

Just my two cents.

PS Is it OKi if I'll drop a link to our next "awesome Flash creation" here? I was searching for appropriate thread in latest a couple days (don't like to open my own threads :D ): http://www.flasssh.com/domino/

4. barrygamer

Original Member

great game! very nicely done. I bet Jayisgames and similar sites would love this.

I also wanted 'up' to mean up and 'down' to mean down...

I only played thru a few levels, so I haven't seen what new things appear, but if you could have a race against a cpu plane, that would be cool.

5. Sol_HSA

Indie Author

Fun little game, the artistic design somehow reminds me of fathammer's stuntplane .. =)

Oh, the musics seem to be taken from Bjorn Lynne's Accelerator album, but he's not credited anywhere - what kind of licensing deal do you have with him?

6. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

Nice graphics, but why the game doesn't work? Tried in Opera and Fire Fox. I click play and nothing happens, though sfx icons are responsive.

cheers
    Roman

7. Aleksi

Aleksi New Member

Hey great game, it works great under Safari! Really fun! :)

8. mrkwang

mrkwang New Member

9. Dyno Kid

Indie Author

hehe I love it, Got to about lvl 10 (i think) and could of played all night but i had to eat, so simple but sooooo dam addictive:)

I had a little trouble with up being down and visa versa and it really makes ya think when your flying upside down.

Smashing little game, well done.

Darren.

10. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Dunno why everybody's having trouble with the controls - seemed natural to me. The controls were the same in Wings of Fury, Dr Destructo, Jet Strike....

I didn't like the bonus levels though, and tedium was starting to set in by level 20. It killed 10 minutes though.

:)

11. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Nice. Clicked on the wave riders link so you earned a few MochiAds cents - the wave riders game over at CandyStand is pretty good too.

I know the reasoning behind up means pushing down on the control stick but there is still a mental disconnect because most of my time is spent with a desktop metaphor where up means up. Long story short, another vote for the up arrow meaning the plane goes up.

12. Maupin

Original Member

Not only that, but this is a 2D game, not a 3D game with a cockpit perspective. Up should make the plane go up. The opposite controls make it unecessarily difficult, in my opinion.

Nice game otherwise!

13. dustin1138

Original Member

Wow, is that addictive!!!

Very clean and pretty. I'm completely comfortable with the up/down keys. But you might want a main screen check box to allow others to toggle it to suit their taste.

Great work.

14. ChrisP

Indie Author

Nice game!

Works for me in Firefox. On Linux, even. :)

15. Coyote

Indie Author

I liked it. A lot. I will agree on the controls though, even though I'm personally a hard-core FLIGHT SIM fan. Flight sims are one thing. This is something else.

And I ran under Firefox just fine.

16. HunterSD

Indie Author

Thanks for all the great suggestions, guys. We'll be releasing an update in a day or two that includes among other things:

- Better instructions
    - Option to reverse the controls (reversed by default)
    - Remember high score on main menu
    - Continue from within the game

17. princec

Indie Author

Up-means-up vote from me too. It reminded me of a puzzle game I wrote when I was about 12 where the keys were upsidedown just to annoy people.

Cas :)

18. tafty

Original Member

Meanwhile you can simply do like the guy sat next to me at work and turn your keyboard upside down!

Really good game, definitely needs the controls reversing but I still keep going back for more anyway!

19. berserker

Indie Author

Great game, but I was confused with controls as well - pushed up willing to force play go down. Especially confusing when plane flies upside down. I think you should add smart mouse controls instead - this would be more obvious for everyone.

And I also haven't found online hiscore table which is standard feature for this kind of games.
    ________
    Alaska Dispensary

#19 berserker, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  20. arcadetown

Moderator Original Member

Love it! Nice simple easy to run high quality web game.

Lives limit drives me nuts! Can't get far enough and don't want to continually replay beginner levels. How about give 3 lives per level and save level # for later replays? Or atleast bonus lives? Web gamers typically play for 5 - 10 minutes at a time and just want a quick fix.