Stunt Pilot 2 Released

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HunterSD, May 20, 2009.

1. HunterSD

Indie Author

Hi,

We just released Sunt Pilot 2 over at Rock Solid Arcade. It's the sequel to our previous hit Stunt Pilot, which was played approx 50 million times. We've added a level editor and an ability to save and share replays. Also new is a brutal crash physics system, where nearly everything on the level is destructable.

I'd love to know what everyone thinks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Michael Reitzenstein
    Cofounder, Rock Solid Arcade

2. Junkyard Sam

Junkyard Sam New Member

This is a huge improvement over the original! Wow... The original was too easy for me, to the point that I DID play it for a good amount of time but it was pretty deep into the game before I ever even died.

This one is much more challenging - but not TOO challenging. Feels just right... The last one was a great Flash game. This one is a great Flash game that I can't wait to get home so I can play it some more. =)

To be more specific - right off the bat, the physics crash is SO much better and more satisfying to see... And then using the physics on those tower things on the "follow the path" level --- also, so cool.

In fact - varying up the gameplay right on the second level with a follow-the-path round was smart!

I think you have a major hit with this... Looks great, feels great... OH! And BOOST! I don't think the first one had boost! Boost = fun.

Well done. I'll play it deeper tonight when I get home!

BTW- The prerendered 3d graphics just look so nice, and it's cool to see people putting more polish into their Flash games now!

3. charliedog

charliedog New Member

I like it! Nice graphics, great effects and good use of physics. I thought it started maybe a little hard but probably that's just me.

well done!

4. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Nice game but I find it really difficult because to me, the controls are upside down. Could you add an 'invert controls' option?

[edit] Never mind - just found it's already in. :D

#4 Desktop Gaming, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
  5. HunterSD

Indie Author

Thanks for checking it out everyone! I forgot to ask, how far did you get and did you quit out of difficulty or boredom?

Sam - actually, the first Stunt Pilot had boost as well. It gave you more points when you went through the rings, probably would have made the game a lot more entertaining/challenging!

6. Andrej Vojtas

Andrej Vojtas New Member

Nice game, very well implemented, technically.

My feedback: after playing like 15 times.

First few games died horribly.
    I never figured out how to get boost bonus.
    I got into 5 level, quit out of difficulty.

The most difficult part is I don't feel I have "control" over the plane. I bet the movement is quite realistic (inertia), but the gameplay obstacles are arcade like. So I would need arcade like control over the plane too.

7. Jaap

Jaap New Member

Just checked the game and it's really nice. Quite addicting, eventhough I died horribly in the first tries, but that says more about me then about the game I am affraid haha.

I like the level creator function. It's a really nice addition.

8. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I did about half a dozen levels or so, then probably level 7 or 8 when I figured out I could turn the controls the right way up.

I quit out of frustration on a bit with some collapsing tower things. I couldn't work out what was causing them to blow up, or if they just blew up at random, or what. Whatever, I seemed to get killed by hook or by crook whenever I went anywhere near one.

Saying that, I'm not a big games player anyway. The only things I play for any length of time is stuff like Fantastic Contraption and Magic Pen.