story teaser for a quirky galactic migration game -- watcha think?

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by jun and pate, Jan 18, 2020.

1. jun and pate

jun and pate New Member

I'm nervously excited to show a little narrative teaser (first of a series) for Lilith Odyssey!

Lilith Odyssey takes place in a quirky simulated galaxy filled with coded life. Frustrated aliens called Spu leave their home planets behind in hopes of finding a better existence on the other side of the galaxy. This is a peek into the struggle of a Spu who realizes that he’d rather risk everything on a dangerous journey than live a life of dismay and growing desolation. For his family's sake...

I would love to hear about your impressions!

2. DarkGran

DarkGran New Member

Hi,
    It starts interesting by mentioning the simulation, but then it kinda omits the question "what the reality is" and instead focuses on what is happening inside of simulation - if I understood it right. With the details about how the society inside simulation functions it actually became a bit more confusing - I am not sure if it's necessary to mention the carelessness of government while the viewer is still getting his head around the simulation idea while looking at weird art (weird in a good way though, that is for sure!).
    To me it did not even seem relevant - I am not sure I even understand the motivation of the protagonist, because as long as the entire universe that is shown and talked about is "just a simulation", then who cares about some planet in it, however miraculous it may be? Unless it is somewhat connected to "the real world" - but that really did not seem clear to me from the trailer. Maybe that's just me though.
    The mention of "nacho wars", as a joke out of the blue, was a bit surprising, did not see that coming (the trailer feels rather serious).

I kinda like it and the strange artwork is cool, I'd just make some cuts to it.