Starting a team. Are you in?

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by AntiChoice, Oct 11, 2017.

1. AntiChoice

AntiChoice New Member

Hi folks! Fist of all, my english is not the best one.

I'm 28 years old and I've studied communication design in Germany (I can't programm but I can draw and animate). I always enjoyed to create plots, cartoons and shortfilms.
    Now I want to jump into something profitable that I am also passionate about: Games.
    The idea is not to create a game just to create a game, but to create a game so people can live the story I am telling.
    I've decided to pick one one my scripts and convert it into a point and click adventure.
    Why point and click adventure? They can be simple to make, but still be charming and enjoyable to play. The gold in point click games is not the graphics but the plot.
    I would not say the game must be 2D, but I know 2D is super viable to be done. I draw myself and I could be the artist if the game turns out to be in 2D. In fact I've done a couple of concept arts already. But it could also work well if it turns into a 3D game.

This project is for real and ofc I would like to sign papers, for my and your protection. Profit should be splitted between the team members.

Here is a "technical synopsis" of the game. ( To be honest I think it's really hard to write a synopsis without giving spoilers and still making the text interesting to read. but I will try to do my best.)

You are Fabian Morrison Jr. A 15 yo boy that just moved to a small town with your family. There is an abandoned coal mine in this town and there is a legend about a ghost that haunts this mine. The mine was closed after a huge accident.. None of the workers escaped alive and no one likes to talk abount this event.
    The mistery of the supposed ghost will drive you into an adventury filled with plot twists.
    The events in the game can be for some people disturbing, and because of that the game will have a mature tone and the target group should start from older teenagar or even young adults.

(The pic I am posting is a concept art of Fabian and his friends).
    If you like the idea and think you could add something to the project please write me.

Attached Files:

#1 AntiChoice, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. WildG

WildG New Member

Hello,

I'm a programmer. Web stuff (LAMP+JS) mostly been working for about 18 years in e-commerce, ERP and API integrations.

Gaming wise I've been working on a project of mine for over a year (universeatarms.com) and looking for a team to build games.

I decided some ago not to get into unity or other game engines. My thought is that I would spend a lot of time learning it instead of learning how the real mechanics behind an engine are. The same thought made me learn JavaScript not jQuery never use WordPress to make websites. It's not a gaming issue it's more a work style I have. When I was at university I wanted to learn assembler... Thank god that didn't happen.

Building games is a hobby of mine. I dialed down on playing and work about 2 years ago when my daughter was born but I started getting itchy without both. Hence the hobby.

I'm 37yo, live in rio de janeiro, Brazil. Half french half Brazilian. I speak Portuguese, English, French and some Spanish. Have been married for 7 years and have a 2 yo daughter.

I'm interested and would like to know more about the team and what you envision for your game and having some likeminded people to talk to and collaborate on ongoing projects.

Yes this is a template message I send as a hello message. Just a mean of starting dialog supplying you with some info. :)

Discord: WildG#8861

Hit me back
    Cheers
    [ ]

3. AntiChoice

AntiChoice New Member

Hi WildG tanks for replying. I just added you on Discord ( AntiChoice#0698 )

4. jaeeun

jaeeun New Member

Hi good to hear that you gonna create point and play adventure. I created after the end mobile adventure game as programmer and director and im working for the other project now.
    Ive been working for more than 4 years in this area. I can handle unity unreal and cocos(actually idont care about engine)
    Please send me email so that we can talk more detail stuff. I have discord or skype account too but ill tell you by email.

Thanks

jepark1231@gmail.com

5. Mannol

Mannol New Member

Hey, I could help with music composition and SFX if you're in need of some, I'd really like to talk with you regarding the project and what I could bring to it for what you're envisioning the game to be. If you're interested, here's my contact mannolmusic@gmail.com or my discord Mannol#4712, I check both of them daily. Cheers!

6. orez17

orez17 New Member

Hi!

I’m Oren, looking to get some experience in game development :)
    I’ve been working as a programmer for quite a while now (13 years…), mostly as a database engineer and a backend developer, but never did any game development before aside from playing around a bit with game-maker studio and Unreal 4 (and now I'm learning Unity...).

On top of that I’m also a musician, spent 2 years in a jazz&pop school, and 4 years in a conservatory where I did my bachelor degree in classical composition, So I wrote a lot of music over the years (you can listen to some of it here and here)

My email is orez17@gmail.com and my discord handle is DanRice#2663

Oren.

7. SeatBack

SeatBack New Member

Hi. I am an experienced music composer, and if you are needing music for your game I would love to help out. I can compose through a wide range of styles, so whatever you are looking for for your game, I can accommodate. Check out a sample of some of my work here:

If you like what you hear, please email me at paish.d@gmail.com. I am a fast and hard worker, and open to feedback, so you will get a product that is best suited for your game.

Thank you!

8. jevy1000

jevy1000 New Member

hey, i'm a intermediate level programmer who specialized in game maker studio 1.4.............. any room for me?

Attached Files: