Starting a dream.

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by xanderholland, Mar 15, 2017.

1. xanderholland

xanderholland
    Expand Collapse

Hello, ever since I graduated from art school I noticed something about the video game industry. They don't like my work. Which makes my track to becoming a creative director difficult. So I wanted start a small team of individuals who want to get more experience and have fun making weird games. The first project I had in mind is a simple designed mobile game to help bring in a bit of money which means this is not a paid gig :(.

I would have profit sharing, but some commitment it needed. If you're interested please send me a message and we can discuss this further.

Thanks.
    Xander

2. AlbShadoW

AlbShadoW
    Expand Collapse

Im interested to know your knownledge? What is your future plans 3D games?

3. xanderholland

xanderholland
    Expand Collapse

3D, 2D, experimental stuff as well.

4. AlbShadoW

AlbShadoW
    Expand Collapse

Sounds great! Good luck!

5. FreeFly

FreeFly
    Expand Collapse

[QUOTE="xanderholland, post: 317609, member: 446320" So I wanted start a small team of individuals who want to get more experience and have fun making weird games. The first project I had in mind is a simple designed mobile game to help bring in a bit of money which means this is not a paid gig :(.

I would have profit sharing, but some commitment it needed. If you're interested please send me a message and we can discuss this further.[/QUOTE]

From my experience, it's hard to get really committed on something which is not your proper idea. If you really want a team to be motivated, you need to make them feel like their opinion counts in the overall project. Offering to share profits while not even saying what the project is about won't make anyone interested.
    If you want my suggestion (and I underline, suggestion, it's not a critique) try to gather people before to put something on the table, build the idea all together, you'll see that everyone will be more motivated than ever :)

6. Symbolize | Caleb

Symbolize | Caleb
    Expand Collapse

I'm a composer. You send me shots of the game and/ or videos of what you're working on and I'll see if there's some music that can go good with it.