Start-Up CCG Needing A Dedicated Indie Team.

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Alex Klein, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Alex Klein

Alex Klein New Member

About Me
    I'm a young man, almost about to be out of highschool in fact.(so yes, extremely young) I understand alot of you will take me for a joke because of that, but I assure you that I'm a hardworking person. Anyways, I have ZERO programming experience and the like, for that is all foreign to me. I do, however, have quite a bit of CCG experience, and have been designing my own since 2014. The game has been through two Versions (three if we count the mess of the first one that I completely erased from existence)
    Basically, I can't offer many skills other than my Card Design and Game Design skills. (Note when I say 'Design' I do not mean any form of programming, but like the pen-and-paper design.)

About The Project
    Game Type: Collectible Card Game
    Gameplay: Multiplayer, Singleplayer, Online
    Platform: PC, Preferably on Steam
    NOTE: I don't expect this game to get as big as Hearthstone, Legends, Gwent, or even Hex. Hell, I'd be surprised if we got an average of 1000 players. I understand this is a small genre, and I understand there's alot of competition, and I'd like for those wanting to help to understand that as well.
    Yes, we would split the profit evenly amongst eachother, so there's no need to worry.

Progress
    I have the core rules down and I've tested quite a bit of stuff with friends, and have made MANY changes in Version 2.0. The first set is 250 cards and still has testing/editing to do, but so far it's going well. If you would like to know how we're testing, it's by using notecards around the table while I type up things that I think need addressed each session.

What I'm Looking For
    Anybody, literally anybody at all. I'd also LOVE to get a Project Manager. I have confidence in my abilities as a Lead Designer, but I know I'll need a Project Manager as well as people for just about every position.
    I'd also like to keep this team as small as possible, simply because I know we won't make much of a profit and that this would all be WILLING work. I would like for those applying to know that I only wish they put about half their free time into this (more would be great, but I'm not demanding)

If you are interested, send me an email at Darklight.Painting@gmail.com

And, if you have any questions, post them below. This is my first time EVER asking for help on this, and I honestly don't know why I didn't start trying to get a team together sooner.

2. DarkSpace Games

DarkSpace Games New Member

I hate to break it to you but 1000 players would be miraculous, even with a dedicated team. You may have also heard that Steam Greenlight is getting the axe, so unless you're sitting on a decent chunk of change Steam may not be an option. Also most online card games are free to play and to make money in the free to play space you need player numbers in the half million range at a minimum to see a return.
    If you have a card game ready to go you're in luck though. The board game market is really taking off right now. If I were you I would find someone to do the art and make a physical game. Then, if it catches on, you'll have operating capital and brand recognition for a digital version. The profit margins in the board game space are lower but so are the risks and you can get to market in weeks instead of years. Good luck either way!

3. JDunamis

JDunamis New Member

Hey Alex, I see you have a goal, that's great. My first game was one where I was the designer and pseudo coder with a non coding engine.

I wonder what type of creatures your card game consists of. Personally I have a lot to be desired to deliver truly excellent artwork for a card game, given the competition, but I'm curious still.

@DarkSpace Games I don't know exactly what you're talking about with Steam Greenlight, but I thought I read on the sight that the entry fee was going to be $100. If that's what you were talking about.

Best wishes Alex.

4. DarkSpace Games

DarkSpace Games New Member

Steam Greenlight is ending this spring according to Valve. It will be replaced by a program which is still in the works but will essentially be a buy in. The only indication of price was between $100 and $5000. There's no word yet on what that will mean for projects already enrolled in greenlight.

JDunamis likes this.