Spell Storm BETA

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by AndyWiltshireNZ, Aug 20, 2012.

1. AndyWiltshireNZ

AndyWiltshireNZ New Member

Hey guys,

Just looking for some play testers for the beta release of our new game Spell Storm.

The game is pretty much done and we're using 'Playtomic' to track play stats and tweak the difficulty - but any feedback or bug reports are much appreciated!

Utilizes Flashpunk + OGMO!

Spell Storm : Flash-based Fantasy Arcade Shooter.

Click to Play

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Andy

2. papillon

Indie Author

(random notes typed as playing, so not fully thought out)

Always a mild disappointment to find a cool magic-y game and then discover that my only option is to play Beardy White Guy but alas, I'm aware it's likely far too late to adjust that. :) And it's not really important for a game in this style where you can barely see your dude anyway!

Volume slider would be nice! Music was LOUD on my current setup. Didn't want it off, just wanted to adjust.

The shots feel like they're traveling more slowly than I would have expected; however I don't generally like topdown shooters so I have no idea what is standard. I guess they're intended to improve through upgrades?

3. AndyWiltshireNZ

Thanks pap,

We started out with less but faster bullets, then ended up slowing them down and adding more - and it just felt better :)

4. JensenR30

JensenR30 New Member

Music and sound was a bit loud, but other than that, I really enjoyed playing your game. :)
    I got to stage 4 before I ragequit. :mad: Dat spider boss was difficult for me. :p

5. SLotman

Original Member Indie Author

One thing I found strange: when exiting from the screen top, I was expecting the player to appear on the bottom on the next room - but apparently it can appear anywhere? I got lost quite often because of this, always wasting 2-3 seconds until I could find where the player was.

6. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I agree that the reset points are misleading.

After a number of screens I was stalled out on a spot where I would die and then bounce back 3/4 levels. Not sure if I'll keep playing after being bounced back a couple of times.

Curious about your monetization model. Game looks and plays great.

7. AndyWiltshireNZ

@Jensen - Thanks for the feedback.

@Slotman - Hmm, they are supposed to all line up - I'll check that out thanks.

#Lennard - Could you elaborate on the stall and bounce back? You get X amount of health and 3 lives to complete a stage - if you lose all your health you restart the current room - but if you lose all 3 lives you restart the stage. Just want to check if that's what you're referring to? As that is by design and not a bug. Monetization is Ad Revenue + Licenses for this particular game.

Thanks guys

8. lennard

Yeah, it's the bounce back.

I can play through this entire game for free? Hope you are making your money back on ad. revenue...

9. AndyWiltshireNZ

Yup - Free to play thru the entire game!

We earn revenue from in-game Ads + Ads on our website for the traffic the game brings in + non-exclusive license deals with other portals.

10. lennard

OK, I give, how do I knock points off the Chaos Reaper? I blast those stupid purple thingies to bits and they just regenerate, I blast the floating cloak dude and his HP doesn't budge...

11. AndyWiltshireNZ

You have to destroy each of the crystals - when you destroy one completely - the reaper will become vulnerable for a short time - so you can damage him - then destroy the next crystal - rinse and repeat!

But be careful, it gets harder with each destroyed crystal.... ;)

12. lennard

My OCD nature is being defeated by replaying each of those previous 3 levels to try this over & over. Modern gaming has made me weak!