Spandex Force: Superhero U v0.4 - Beta soft launch

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Karja, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Karja

Original Member

KarjaSoft is anxious to present the first public beta of Spandex Force: Superhero U, a puzzle/RPG/adventure game that lets you create your own superhero, train your superpowers, meet other heroes and battle evil villains threatening your school!

This is a very secret soft launch (shh, shh!) of the trial version of the game, so please let me know what you think.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI0-QZ-8ehc

Download:
    http://www.spandexforce.com/files/SpandexForceSuperheroU.exe

http://www.spandexforce.com/

Any thoughts? Comments? Hideous bugs?

Note:
    The game will connect to my webserver - it stores the player's heroes both locally and online, and syncs them whenever possible. This is partly for piracy concerns, and partly for some added features later on. Just so you know.

2. wonslived

wonslived New Member

Story:
    I can tell you put a decent amount of work into it, and for this style of game I would consider it a pass. I like the banter dialog between you and calculatron.

Adventure Mode:
    After the beginning movie finishes, no direction is given (except for "try clicking around"). Maybe give a suggestion of what you should try first or something. I feel like I'm clicking around aimlessly.

Cerebrum:
    The reward screen makes you wait an excessive amount of time to see the numbers increase. (Before training took place)

General:
    -After alt tabbing into the game, the music restarts (was this done on purpose?)
    -The suggested moves highlighter is a little too fast. I feel it is almost an annoyance. Is there any way to turn it off?
    -The finish screen with the fireworks/gunshots/whatever that is hurts my brain. Try finding a different sound effect? I feel like I'm being shot for finishing the puzzle.

3. Karja

Original Member

- Okay, this is probably the most important point to fix - thanks for pointing it out!

- Ah, I see. It's possible to click to speed it up - but I'll speed it up more by default.

- Whoops, not my intention to restart the music...
    - Good point... An option to turn it off and/or slower hint timeout
    - Definitely not the effect I wanted to create! I'll see about finding a better sound.

Thanks for playing, and I'm happy to see that it seems to work pretty well despite some small things to correct!

4. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Member

Do you have a Mac build to try? I'm not on PC.

5. Karja

Original Member

Mac build coming up later unfortunately - I'm not on Mac myself. :/