Spandex Force: Champion Rising Trailer

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Karja, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Karja

Original Member

Hey all!

Yesterday I released a trailer video for my upcoming puzzle RPG Spandex Force: Champion Rising. I'd love to get some feedback on what you think of the trailer - and your spontaneous thoughts on the game itself.

You play the role of an everyday citizen who ends up becoming a superhero after some dubious help from your tutor, the Blizzard Wizard. The game is a hex-based match-3 puzzle RPG with multiple minigames such as helping old ladies in trouble, training your superpowers, and battling supervillains.

The relase date is set to April 11.

Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_dxOMJgmE8

Webpage
    http://www.spandexforce.com

Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Haven't seen a post from you in a while! Congrats on the release, hope it does well for you.

I don't know if you can do anything with this but check out this comic:

http://www.uggabugga.net/asj41/chapters/

and read the first couple of chapters. It cracks me up. Anyhow, years ago I had talked to these guys about making a game out of their super hero story. Never came to pass because I got too busy with Real Estate Empire games but maybe you dig their stuff enough to do something with them. I think the series has languished which is a shame - check out the first couple of chapters.

3. Karja

Original Member

Haha, yeah - but I eventually found time to get back to making games. Thanks - I look forward to seeing how it performs!

Wow, what a great suggestion... Thanks very much! I'll read up on the comic and see if something could be done about a game. Art is always my big problem, and this seems like it could be a perfect solution...

Cheers man!

4. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I think ASJ41 was a collaboration between writers and artists on Pencil Jack. Yeah, if you could figure out how to make the artists happy then it could be a whole is greater than the parts situation. This is the kind of thing I like to think about so if I have more bright ideas I'll post them.