Somatone

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by EdMace, Feb 17, 2011.

1. EdMace

EdMace New Member

Hi! Has anyone worked with the fine people at Somatone? Just curious. Thanks!

2. ggambett

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Not personally, but they seem to have worked in an impressive list of top casual titles.

They're a bit spammy for my tastes, but it seems to be working for them :)

3. DaveGilbert

Indie Author

I have. I worked with them on the VO for Emerald City Confidential. Is there anything you'd like to know?

4. rockford

rockford New Member

Not a reply, but more an advice.
    For Age Of Enigma, I was about to ask a quote to Somatone when I was contacted by two brothers (The Cleophas Brothers). I decided to worked with them. They did an amazing job, better than all the Somatone musics I listen for a while in casual games. We demonstrated the game at the Casual Connect Europe last week, and all the publishers was just astonished by the sound design and the music! They created 45 mn of music and we're are going to publish the Soundtrack on iTunes.
    You can listen some sample here: http://cleophas-brothers.com/
    I can send you music/sound design from Age Of Enigma if you need.

5. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Yes Somatone are pro and deliver the goods, although I used to have a bit of back and forth with the sound effects people. However, as an Indie I'm working with someone who can do me a better deal yet still make great music + I'll make my own sfx using freesound.org and fruityloops software.

6. SteveZ

Indie Author

I've worked with Somatone for the last four years. Great guys, not only do they give top notch work but are also committed to my projects.

This clip highlights the audio (music, sfx, voice acting) for one of my games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ8bMAqRVOM

7. Jim Buck

Indie Author

Somatone did all the audio (sfx and music) for our iOS game TinkerBox. They did a decent job.

8. EdMace

EdMace New Member

Very nice samples! Keep up your fine work.Thanks to Jim, Steve, Grey Alien,rockford and ggambett.I had the great opportunity to work with them last year on a video game narration.I always like to touch base with fellow VO people, developers and designers to hear their impressions. They certainly have an impressive list of clients. Thanks again for your comments.