So Here Is An Interesting Idea

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by SkylerSefic, Sep 20, 2015.

1. SkylerSefic

SkylerSefic New Member

Ive noticed the past few day that there are a few of us here in the forums with a lot of different talents sitting around twiddling our thumbs with no ones project to work on.

Shall we team up and make our own? Just for fun

Who's in?

2. melight

melight New Member

I would love it to be the case. Looking for a bored 2d artist for my game for some time now ;)

3. Rene Braun

Rene Braun New Member

Hey,

yeah that sounds totally right to me, great advice :) I am experienced at game development and music composing. I would be interested in doing a point and click adventure in cyberpunk style. Yeah i know, i am really old :D If anyone should be interested, just write me.

4. SkylerSefic

SkylerSefic New Member

Okay well so far we have a programmer, developer, 2 composers (2 thats it?) and an idea.
    we obliviously will need some artists and a platform to do this all on. What have you guys worked with in the past as far as engines?

5. melight

melight New Member

I've worked with Unity3d (had a two player tower defense prototype). And now I'm going hardcore, without an engine at all :D Writing my current game from scratch with App Engine, client side JavaScript and Pusher for real time network events. Doing pretty good actually, as the game is already playable.

I'm afraid though that lack of talent in general is not the problem, but harnessing many people with different talents to make one game is the issue. Everyone wants to make their own game, but do not posses all the required skills (and time) on one hand, and do not want to make someone else's game on the other. So people keep wondering about :(

6. melight

melight New Member

But the way guys, just listened to your stuff - gotta say it's pretty cool :) Design and composing are always magical to me, as I've no idea how people manage it.

Rene Braun - the Paranoia track is a totally cool 16bit platformer soundtrack :D
    SkylerSefic - the Sneak is very pleasant on the ears and Burn Through the Night is a bit dark and heavy

Good stuff

Rene Braun and SkylerSefic like this.
  7. Rene Braun

Rene Braun New Member

@melight
    Thank you very much for your compliment, i am doing my best :D Making music is whole different process then programming a game to me, but its all about being creatve. And i think you are absolutely right, the problem is that everybody wants to make their own game. As for me, i only can work on things that i really passionate about and that i love, and if i have to compromise with many different people more and more of the magic gets lost. This is why you have to find people that are thinking similar to you ;)

@SkylerSefic
    I did only program in Unity3D and i would prefer to stay in that environment because I do not want to invest many time to work into a different engine

Let me ask you in which genres are you feeling comfortable? I already stated that i love Point and Click Adventures in the Cyberpunk era. I think its obvious but i loved Gemini Rue for example.

8. SkylerSefic

SkylerSefic New Member

All I know is audio so I have no preference.
    Far as music and sound design, I could do anything but Cyberpunk sounds like a lot of fun. Some dark Drum and Bass or glitch hop with lasers and dingy spacecraft

So you have anything started already we can kind of build off of Rene?

#8 SkylerSefic, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  9. Joseph

Joseph New Member

I'd love to get working on some projects and start building a real portfolio. I'm a aspiring audio designer so I could offer some sound design aspects and sound effects.

10. Rene Braun

Rene Braun New Member

@SkylerSefic
    No i did not start anything yet. But a friend of mine is great 2D/3D-Artist. If you guys are really interested i would catch up with him and ask him if he would be interested in starting something with us. I think the most easiest way is to talk about everything. Everybody here who is serious can just add me in Skype: rbraun1986. I will forward all the contacts to each other involved so that everybody can communicate with each other ;) Please keep in mind that i am from Germany so our times may differ. Today i am on the road all day so i can only reply at 7 PM in Germany. Looking forward to hearing from you!