Snaked.io - The classic snake game, turned into Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Vardan, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Vardan

Vardan New Member

My first HTML5 Game, Snaked.io (So exciting! :))

Every since playing the famous revolutionary agar.io game, I was inspired to create my own "io" game, so here it is!

I took the classic version of Snake, and made it multiplayer

http://www.snaked.io

Works on all browsers

(Server may take a while to connect, and a bit laggy due to it being free from Heroku)

Basically, what I want to know is (preferably 1-10 scale):
    1) Do you like the concept?
    2) How easy was it to understand how to play?
    3) What would you add/change?
    4) Any bugs? (For now, may experience lag)
    5) What do you think of the name of the game?

Anything else that comes into mind, please add!

Gameplay
    Objective of the game is to eat the gray squares causing you to extend your length,
    while avoiding crashing into yourself, or others.

Become the longest of them all!

Controls
    W or ^ - Up
    S or v - Down
    A or < - Left
    D or > - Right
    Enter - Chat

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did making it! :D

SCREENSHOTS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

I didn't understood right away that I was moving. I first thought that the black squares were moving but that I was static. Even after getting a longer tail, if I go in a straight line it feel like I'm static.

There's a "world looping" bug. I'm guessing from the behavior that when I get to the edge of the world / map, I'm teleported back to the other side. My snake's tail doesn't show properly at that moment. It's probably still on the other side of the world until it's teleported too.

3. Vardan

Vardan New Member

Hello Kevin! Thank you for your feedback!
    That was indeed the complaint of everyone, the lack of movement perception.. and I do apologize for that. I've added some grid lines hoping it will resolve the issue, but it's still not quite 100%.
    Someone has suggest I add a smooth camera flow which I will be implementing and testing tomorrow.
    The "world looping bug" isn't really a bug, it just hasn't been implemented. The sides need to be connected to make an infinite map, but still thank you for pointing that out!
    I hope you will check back tomorrow to see all updates I will be adding!

Thanks again! -Vardan