smr site

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by svero, Aug 1, 2004.

1. svero

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Software Marketing Resources is a good site if you guys aren't already aware of it. It's a great place to look for almost anything you might need to help sell your software.

http://www.softwaremarketingresource.com/

Some of the categories include...

developer tools, cd replication, translation services, distribution, conferences, buyers guides, affiliate programs, newsgroups, piracy, reg. services and so on... There's also a blog and a forum.

2. stan

Original Member Indie Author

Their suggestion to link to them with a transparent picture doesn't make me feel entirely at ease with that site :]
    I don't think Google likes that kind of links. (I mean, it's part of their "don't do this" rules: do not use hidden links)

3. svero

Where do they suggest that?

4. Redclaw

Original Member

http://www.softwaremarketingresource.com/increaselinkpop.html

"Your link will be added to the list and please return the favor by duplicating the list and placing it on your website, link to it through your root directory using a transparent image."

That kind of thing used to get you blacklisted from the search engines...

Great tip! :D

5. svero

Err yah... that seems a tad shady. I don't recommend that!

6. kerchen

Indie Author

I've been a subscriber to the SMR newsletter for almost a year now and it's given me many useful tips and links during that time. Don't let one bad tip turn you away from a free source of useful information and research.