Site Launch - six-games.com

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Teq, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Teq

Teq
    Original Member

Hi, just been browsing this forum for a little while and have now (almost) finished the six-games site, this site is for the distribution of indy games through our community and premium memberships, any ideas for improvements would be gratefully received :) On a side note we are always looking to add new games to our site, so, if you have one that you think our members might like (we do pay for games used on our site, either fixed annual fees or a percentage of the revenue) then pm me and we'll see what we can do.

www.six-games.com

2. botman

Original Member

I don't want to sound harsh, but it's a little drab for my taste. :cool:

On the up side, it's simple and fast.

3. Teq

Teq
    Original Member

Have to say I kind of agree with you, was busy with game and site development so had my brother do the design, still its functional :)

4. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I don't think it looks that bad, but it could use some refinement under Mozilla.

5. alfie

Indie Author

Unfortunately the site is not displaying very well for me, it's all scrunched up and off to the left. Using ie in 800*600

Alfie

PS Why are you calling the company six games?

6. Teq

Teq
    Original Member

Thanks for the feedback Alfie, will have to sort that one out!

7. Pixel Gem Games

Original Member

Works on opera 7.54.

I agree with the fact its a bit drab.

Another thing, that maybe jsut me, but I seriously hate seeing indie sites with login stuff. Just makes me think its some kind of portal or something.

8. Teq

Teq
    Original Member

I've corrected some of the issues with Mozilla and IE, hopefully still works with Opera lol :)

As for the name, we have SixFoot Software for the development, so thought why not go with Six Games for the place to sell em? Plus we are strange metal junkees :)

9. alfie

Indie Author

It's better, but still scrunches a bit to the left with loads of empty space to the right.

I see your logic, but you may want to ask yourself "what does the name imply to a casual visitor?". It may imply that all you are ever going to get from this site is "Six Games". Just a thought.

Alfie

10. Teq

Teq
    Original Member

What browser and version you using Alfie? Looks fine in 800x600 on IE 6.0.29 and Firefox (latest release)

11. alfie

Indie Author

Using V 5 of ie

I know it's an old version but I like it better than 5.5 or 6.

Alfie

12. Teq

Teq
    Original Member

Chances are it doesn't support the CSS functions used on the site, I'll see if I can make it v5 compatible mate :) MAC or Windows build? They use different rendering engines so its important to know lol

13. Mark Sheeky

Indie Author

14. Teq

Teq
    Original Member

Hey Mark, will be much appreciated mate, have to do a little price tweaking and a few other bits and pieces but need a few more members to tell how things will go and what changes will be required. Maybe then I can get back onto Crystal Crash :)

15. GameStudioD

Original Member

I do think your site is a little on the bland side also. Not because of the colors...

Some points of improvment:

* Home page is dominated by 'news'. Will people be going to six-games.com be going there to read the latest site updates or to look for games ?

* The navigation links should be moved to the left of the page. Peoples eyes move left to right. I suggest putting the nav links on the same line as the login, left justified.

* Games page isnt visual enough and you have to scroll down too much to see all the games.

The site is just not done. No privacy policy, about page, info about the service, etc. I guess more content will be added as the site goes live. Anyway, good start.

16. Teq

Teq
    Original Member

Pretty much a work in progress, will add a privacy policy/terms tomorrow and do something about the frontpage to spice it up a bit

17. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

Text color makes it hard to read. Looks good start though.