SILENT ATTACK - The Near Danger - new sci-fi arcade shooter

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by scientificman, Oct 13, 2004.

1. scientificman

Original Member

The SILENT ATTACK - The Near Danger game is an arcade shooter. In this game you will act as a defender of an "energium" quarry. Using a plasma gun, you should destroy as many planes of your enemy as possible. Points are scored for each plane that you bring down. The longer the distance at which you bring down a plane is, the more points are scored. In its turn, the enemy will be attacking the quarry decreasing the protection and viability of the mining platform. A system of bonuses is used to repair the damages.
    Features:
    - 3D;
    - imitation of enemy AI;
    - strained gameplay;
    - original soundtrack;
    - soundtrack changing feature;
    - various battle tactics;
    - story with continuation.

Game site: http://www.invitinggames.com/silentattack/

2. EpicBoy

Original Member

As a marketing aside, I strongly suggest you change the name of the game. It's highly generic and says nothing about the game whatsoever.

"Silent Attack : The Near Danger"

Totally generic and utterly meaningless.

I don't mean to be harsh, but game names are something that bother me as very few people seem to be able to do it properly.

3. papillon

Indie Author

... also, 'strained' is really not the word you want, among other things. :)

4. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I checked it out because of the name. It sounded crazy enough that it might just be worth a look ;) Mind you, the all-caps may have actually dragged me over...

"The Near Danger" sounds a bit lame though... like you don't speak english as your first language. Actually, now I'm reading your game story, I can tell it most likely isn't. It actually looks like a story from another language that someone put through a translation program. Anyway, there are a litteral ton of things that are wrong, language-wise, so... I suggest asking someone to translate for you, because bad language skills make your whole webpage look dodgy.

With the game... well, it's interesting. Fun? I'm not sure, but interesting. When I exited the game though, it somehow managed to set my Windows desktop picture to what I think was a tiled setting (it displayed in the middle of my 1024 screen, even though the picture itself is 1024). I can't even imagine how you managed that, but... a good thing to avoid, methinks.

5. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

why bother with a story in a shooter anyway? the best shooters (star monkey) dont bother with them, and they are always cringefull.

6. dyoll

Original Member

7. EpicBoy

Original Member

8. scientificman

Original Member

I thank you for your replies!
    The information given to me is very useful and I will try to use it in my further work. I am sorry for my incorrect English.

9. SonSon

Original Member

That was interesting to read but I won't *absolutely* take these rules to heart, some conflicting words. Example below.

From Name matters:
    Have a meaningful title. Avoid titles that have practically no meaning, like Zone of the Enders, Allegiance, Far Cry, Syphon Filter and XIII.

From Dumb name -- No Ding Dongs for you!:
    For balance, a few good to great names I saw:
    -Farcry (Short and unique. Good, but not great.)

As the author rightly writes "none of these are hardened, immutable rules". :)

#9 SonSon, Oct 14, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2004