Show Me The Sales

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cliffski, Nov 14, 2011.

1. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

This is the first showmethesales promotion, a collection of high quality indie games being sold for a discount for 14 days. The key here, is that the games are being sold individually by each developer, direct to the gamer, without any involvement by the site, other than as a directory of great games:

http://www.showmethegames.com/sales.php

[​IMG]

2. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

The Facebook like widget should be for a page and not just the site. If someone clicks that it only shows that they "like a link" in their feed (with some exposure to their friend, I think), but they are never shown anything about the site in their feed again. It may be beneficial to use a page like widget as a catch all and a site widget for individual pages. The reason why you want a page like widget is that you can then have a page and link that page to your RSS feed so that it automatically publishes your updates to the feeds of everyone who liked the page. This is just as important as having a good newsletter for the site, although better I think because stuff in the feed is less annoying than getting e-mails every so often. How much of your site are you planning to split test?

3. worldalpha

worldalpha New Member

Interesting concept. Do you know has it increased sales for the games significantly?