Shiva multiplayer? (Anyone tried?)

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Game Producer, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Game Producer

Moderator Original Member

I'm reading Shiva docs and asking this in their forums, but thought it would be nice to hear somewhere else than from the lion's mouth...

...so, I've seen some Shiva users browsing these forums.

Anyone managed to create an online multiplayer (non MMO) using Shiva? I believe v1.8 brings some sort of server-client possibility.

Any links? Resources? Thoughts about Shiva's multiplayer options.

2. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I think at this stage everyone is just getting started with the networking, and from what I've read the people talking about MMOs are the inexperienced ones ;) 1.9 will be in beta at the end of this month, so it'll be interesting to see what that brings.

3. Game Producer

4. Reactor

Those are really well done :) It's nice to see some polished Shiva games, so thanks for those links!

5. Game Producer

6. Reactor

No worries :)

Broozar's great over there.