sharewarepromotions

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by george, Oct 11, 2004.

1. george

Original Member

anyone here use shareware promotions, can you please share your results/thoughts/feelings?

looks good so far. testemonials look good. just wondering if its worth paying someone to submit to download sites since i can do it myself ;)

thanks

2. Redclaw

Original Member

I was told by them last week that they are no longer promoting games. Apparently past results for games have been dissapointing compared to apps, so they no longer accept them. Expect a website update on this in the future.

3. george

Original Member

bummer about the games... what about apps? does anyone know if it is well worth it? have you done it? have a friend who did it? etc...

i mean, it looks good. but what the heck is the difference between them and just manually submitting... besides it takes a while?

i am concerned because i am tight for cash, as most indies are... and i can't afford wasting the money :)

4. StormcloudCreations

Indie Author

Note to indies regarding this thread: I am now doing submission runs to 80+ download/software sites, which includes PAD creation if needed, for only $25 for each product. Cheapest anywhere, and guaranteed done within 24-48 hours. Games or apps ok. I hand-submit to each site (no automation) for maximum precision. I've been doing this for years, and so I know what i'm doing. :)

A limited time thing, so contact me at: stormcreations@comcast.net with details about your product and let's get started.

Thanks!

5. george

Original Member

80+, by hand? How is that humanly possible? ;)

6. svero

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

The poor results with games vs apps is almost certainly due to a desrtuction of the online game market in the last 4-5 yrs. Apps still have a venue where you can promote them for free. Games do not. You can submit to download sites but it will never bring enough sales to pay the rent in most cases.

7. StormcloudCreations

Indie Author

Well, it's usually closer to 100+, but it depends on the product itself (some sites don't accept certain types of software, etc). You won't find anyone not using an automated tool (who's been doing it for 5+ years himself) who will charge less. :D