Setting up PTK on XCode

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Jay_Kyburz, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Jay_Kyburz

Original Member

Hey Guys,

I've been thinking of getting serious about programming and switching from Blitz to C++. PTK sounds like the tool for me but I'm having a little trouble getting started.

Is there a PTK forum somewhere I can go and ask dumb questions. I don't really even know how to configure a new project properly.

I've successfully built the windows brickout example you can download from the website, but it crashes when I run it. I'm fairly certain this is just because the project is set up incorrectly. Maybe.

If anybody has some tips or some suggestion about where I should go looking for help, I'd really appreciate it.

Jay.

2. Bachus

Original Member

I don't know of much developer support for PTK. Personally, I'd look into SDL or Unity. SDL has tons of support and projects that use it (and it's free!). Unity costs money, but has a super active and helpful forum.

3. Olivier

Indie Author

4. jankoM

Indie Author

I use and recommend PTK a lot and Patrice is very promptly with support. There is a forum as Oliver said.

#4 jankoM, Apr 27, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2006