Setting Up PTK In Dev-C++

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by bob123, Dec 24, 2005.

1. bob123

Original Member

I can't find a tutorial for setting up PTK in Dev-C++,only for Visual Studio.
    Does anyone have any instructions on how to do this? (When I tried on my own I got a whole bunch of linker errors)

Thanks ;)

2. Mike Boeh

Administrator Original Member

If I recall, it doesn't currently work with DevCpp... But it does work with Visual C++ Express 2005, which is free....

3. dogbert

Indie Author

Is PTK compatible with the Feb2006 release of DirectX + Visual Studio Express?

4. Pyabo

Original Member

Yes. Set it up a couple weeks ago myself.

However... note that the readme instructs you to link against the DX7 version of d3dx.lib. If you link against d3dx9.lib, your users must have the DirectX 9 runtime installed.

5. Gnatinator

Original Member

bob123: Do you have a license for PTK? I did a port of PTK to Dev-C++ awhile back. Although it is a little bit old (early 2.0 release), it is still quite functional. If patrox is okay with it, I will send you a copy.

6. bob123

Original Member

No, sorry don't have a copy of PTK, was using demo.
    Thanks for the offer!
    lol, dunno how people found this old thread from last year :p

7. radian

Original Member

Example Project

Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but...

Does anyone have an example project using PTK for Visual C++ Express 2005? Just something blank (or brings up a blank window) that compiles?

I've tried to follow the steps on this page: http://www.laughingd.com/ptk_dotnetsetup.aspx

However, VC++ Express only allows for a windows console project (not a regular application), so I tried that and when I get to the end, it can't find windows.h. I tried messing with tons of settings, but this is my first time using VC++ Express and I'm much more experienced at writing C++ code than setting up compilers or projects.

Thanks in advance.

8. Paul Meyers

Original Member

9. radian

Original Member

Awesome! I'll give that a shot tonight and let you know how it goes.