Selling music and SFX packs to asset stores - Possible Business?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Albert Fernández, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Albert Fernández

Albert Fernández New Member

Hello,

I've uploaded a music pack (and planning to upload more things in the next months) to asset stores: Unity, UE4, Scirra, GameDevMarket.

Since I only uploaded a music pack, I'm not 100% if this can be a succesful business, meaning that I can make at least... 500€ every month from sales on asset stores.

So, the main question is, are developers really trusting this websites to buy music and sound for their games? or they get the audio files from other places?

I suppose that the main target of this stores, regarding music & SFX, is developers that are starting, indie developers, indie companies... and a lot of times, this listed here collaborate with a composer for bespoke music directly.

What are your thoughts? Have you sold music assets or SFX assets to this stores? what is your experience?

Thanks^^

2. PedroVGM

PedroVGM New Member

Hi there Sergio. I have to say that my experience is still young because I have been into this for about 2 years. I have made only a couple of sales on Game dev market. I think it is the best platform for audio makers for games like us. Still I am learning so you may want to consider other sites. However I am very much of ago getter also and by talking to individual developers, I have been able to sell many songs but it implies more effort and you have to invest time for money. The perfect idea in my case is to sell online as an asset store. People download my music and they use and credit in their game, done. That I aim to but I also want to collab in games presencially so it is kind of a mix. I hope this helps you and would like to see an answer :)