Self taught componist trying too get started

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by Tanju Demirhan, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Tanju Demirhan

Tanju Demirhan New Member

Hi, I'm Tanju Demirhan. I'm a self taught amateur componist from Turkey trying to become professional.

Here are my released songs so you can get an idea about what I write in general

You can contact me via e-mailing or PM

2. Jed Crouch

Jed Crouch New Member

All those tracks are great. I would say be careful using too much compression with orchestral samples; it strips the sound of its dynamic range. Also I think some of your tracks are being squashed by the limiter.

Be persistent, you will definitely find someone looking for this kind of music. However, you might be more suited to film scoring. Most people here will be wanting chiptune music!

3. Tanju Demirhan

Thank you for the respond.
    Well yes, you are right about the compression and limiter problem. I'm still trying to get used to some setups and find my own sound.

I was thinking about film scoring too but who can actually jump directly into that at the beginning? I thought trying my luck on indie games would be better to be honest though my actual dream is to write for the movies.

4. Jed Crouch

Jed Crouch New Member

Well it is definitely harder to land a film score opportunity as there are far fewer of them, but just keep looking!

5. Tanju Demirhan

#5 Tanju Demirhan, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  6. Tanju Demirhan

I will add some video game music playlists soon including intro parts, loop sequences, endings, battle music, boss battle music and so on as separated tracks.
    For now here is a Synthwave-ish demo...