Seasoned FILM COMPOSER on the block

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by TwoSouls, Jan 12, 2006.

1. TwoSouls

Original Member

Artist: Greg Nicolett - Composer / Sound Designer
    Site: www.gregnicolett.com

I'm a film composer based in the NYC area with much several years experience composing for film, tv, and indie directors (credits include HBO and ESPN.) I've been an avid gamer my entire life, and I'd like to expand my business to include composing for video games.

I've created a special page on my website with music samples I feel are particularly appropriate for video games:

http://www.gregnicolett.com/VideoGamesFrame.htm

You'll hear professionally produced recordings in a variety of genres, including
    orchestral, ambient, and techno.

Since we are making INDIE games here I am willing to work within your budget - I only ask that you respect the fact that writing good music takes a lot of time and energy. Finally, if you can't use me but have an opinion, share it! I am always open to articulate criticism beyond the "This music sucks" variety.

Greg Nicolett - Composer / Sound Design
    Two Souls Audio Productions
    www.gregnicolett.com

2. electronicStar

Original Member

Wow your music is really great, almost too good for indie games :p (Although it would fit perfectly with my current project).
    I'll make sure to contact you if I can manage to save a budget for the music.

My only gripe is with the audio plugin on your website, it makes it really difficult to listen to the songs, I have to try several times before it works in full.

#2 electronicStar, Jan 12, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  3. TwoSouls

Original Member

Plugin Problem

Thanks for the reply! It disturbs me you are having problems with the flash plugin - do you have a fast internet connection?

Perhaps I should revert back to plain old links.

As for working with you on your current project I'd love to talk with you more. I'm interested in making friends in this business so don't worry about the budget...

Greg Nicolett
    Composer
    www.gregnicolett.com

4. electronicStar

Original Member

Well i tried to listen your songs again and now it seems to be working without problem, maybe there was some traffic congestion?
    My project is still a few months from completion, but no worries I have you bookmarked.
    It will be my first release so I'm not really in the business yet.:D

I really encourage all indies to check out on this guy's work it's very interesting. It would work very well for a game that needs orchestral music, maybe a space sim or sthg like that.

Is there a way you could set your plugin so that we can continue to listen to the music while we are on another window ,so we can continue browsing while listening to the samples? :D