San Diego meetup

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Jim Buck, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Jim Buck

Indie Author

resurrected from Dexterity.com:

robleong said:

"Saturday afternoon would be best for me. Chris will have to show us his new game!"

Saturday afternoon is fine by me too. Do you have a preference for a place or type of place? I was otherwise just going to suggest a bar/restaurant place like Rock Bottom or Karl Strauss. I'm in UTC and am close to both of these (plus each are downtown if that's more convenient).

The question for Chris is whether he has a laptop that he could bring with the game on it. :)

2. robleong

Indie Author

Jim, I have no preference location-wise, only that it has plenty of free parking spaces nearby! :)

3. Jim Buck

Indie Author

Ok, sounds good. I think Rock Bottom in UTC might be a good choice then. I'm not sure if Karl Strauss (Sorrento Valley) is even open on Saturdays. Is 3pm a good time? Chris, where are you? :)

4. robleong

Indie Author

The Karl Strauss in Sorrento Valley is closed on Saturdays (except for big private parties).

5. Chris Evans

Moderator Original Member

I should be able to make it on Saturday at 3pm. Just as long as I don't have to drive further south than La Jolla. :)

As for a demo, I don't have a presentable build at the moment. The last several weeks I've been adding the final set of features to push the game into a true beta, so the game is in pieces at the moment. The last presentable build I have is a focus test demo, which I rather not show since it's nearly two months old.

Plus I'm not even sure my old laptop could run my game. :) I'm scared to try...

However, next meeting I'll give you guys a CD with unreleased extended movie clips, which show off more of the game.

6. Jim Buck

Indie Author

Wow, that would be pretty cool to check out the cd! Catch you guys on Saturday.

7. Chris Evans

So Rock Bottom it is? Where exactly are we meeting there?

8. Jim Buck

Indie Author

The bar area. There are all sorts of mini-tables there. I'm the guy with short brown hair and glasses.. I may be with a bald guy with glasses. :)

9. Jim Buck

Indie Author

I just wanted to say we had a cool meetup earlier today with myself, a friend of mine, Rob, and Chris. It was cool meeting the guys from here, and it will be cool to do it again soon. :)

10. robleong

Indie Author

Great meeting you guys, Jim, Chris, and Bob! Look forward to our next meeting, with updates on all that we discussed...

11. Chris Evans

It was definitely great finally meeting you guys! I look forward to our next meeting!