Sacrament MMORPG - Programmers, 3D Modelers, & Animators Wanted

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Layenem, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Layenem

Layenem New Member

Hello everyone!

The Ferocity Unbound Core Studios, LLC team is looking for more members to help bring this game closer to a state where it can begin generating some funding. While the website has all of the data related to the game (check below or in my signature) the general outline is as follows:

Fantasy/Steampunk blended MMORPG (heavy emphasis on fantasy)
    Group Combat Design
    Mostly open world but we use some instancing
    PvE, PvP, Crafting, and PvPE (think virtual D&D) are all primary systems (they have their own advancement)
    Lore rich environment
    28 Classes
    24 Races

The game design takes the older style MMOs (before WoW) and gives what we felt would have been the natural course of evolution had it gone down a different road than the current market has gone down.

We have approximately 30k people following right now and have just closed a deal with another company to provide a Service for Service exchange to have them build our game world for us so we'll be able to start walking around in the game world soon(tm).

If you're interested post here or send me a message.

We are currently unfunded with roughly 50 volunteers who have been working on this from scratch for a little over a year now. Each volunteer has a term sheet that is executable once the funding conditions are met and I ensure that everyone working with the game has a term sheet.

If you've got the talent and want to help with a massive project like this then come on over!

We've got hours of podcast videos and even more information on our website if you're interested in learning more before sending me a message!

http://www.sacramentgame.com/

2. Volluskrassos

Volluskrassos New Member

You claim to have to have 50 volunteers working on that project for over a year, but I only see one pickaxe model on youre website that shows archieved own assets. The environment shots are nice, but dont show that you're team can create that custom style content you need for youre concept art. with that much people working for the project, you should have massive own content, from models, characters, animations, gameplay, even a video should be possibe if you really have that workforce.

3. Layenem

Layenem New Member

While I appreciate you're zeal you're overlooking a few key aspects here. This isn't a 16 bit pixel game. You don't go into developing an MMO and start swinging around coders and animators.

Design documents are a must have before any programmers begin working. This prevents spending three months working on a system and another two in the meeting room trying to figure out what to do next.

Lore has to be written by experienced and driven personnel.

Concept art comes well before 3D modeling does. Anyone who believes otherwise should bow out of game development on any level because they're doing it backwards.

You couldn't name an MMORPG that began creating the virtual content in the first year. It doesn't happen. Documentation is the key to keeping something as massive as an MMO on a steady path.

For those who would like to work with a well organized team please let me know. For those who would like to learn the differences between developing an MMORPG and a 2D retro game that's best left to YouTube courses and Google searches (I promise you'll begin to realize the vast differences between the two).

Volluskrassos if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them!

Let me know.

4. Layenem

Layenem New Member

Editing:

For Programmers the code language being used is C++

ALSO looking for game designers to work within an experimental field that is designed to smooth the transition from the creative minds (system concepts) to the technical minds (coders).

Come help us build this Basic Combat Build!!!