Russell Gordon || Video Game Music Composer & Sound Designer

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by Shhwonk, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Shhwonk

Shhwonk New Member

Hi!! My name is Russell Gordon.
    • My compositions combine haunting melodies, grooving rhythms, and impressionistic atmospheres, which are most potent in a story-driven RPG, adventure game, or anything with a focus on action. Each piece aims to be a translation of the world in which it exists. Unusual production and composing techniques give my work a distinctive signature style.
    • I'm versatile, capable of a wide diversity of styles and sound: classical orchestra, electronic, ambient, rock, metal, jazz, funk... these can then be recorded with real instruments, synths, soundfonts, samples. A short, looping 8-bit track? Long and droning ambience? An epic symphonic rock tune? A goofy theme that samples flatulence? Yes, yes, yes, and... maybe.
    • My influences include the music from the ‘golden age’ of the NES, SNES, and PlayStation (esp. Chrono Trigger, Mega Man, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Ys), progressive rock, jazz fusion, avant-garde/experimental music, etc.
    My contact is shredrussell@gmail.com

Here are some samples of my composition and audio production work:

#1 Shhwonk, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018