RPG to MMORPG - Looking for developers (Cry and Lumberyard)

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by toljar, Mar 14, 2017.

1. toljar

toljar New Member

I’ll throw the tl;dr here: I represent a new game development studio, 6Stack Entertainment, that is seeking talented people to work on a new project. At the moment, we are asking people to give up some of their spare time to work on this as a passion project, but when we get off the ground we will back pay and pay forward. We appreciate any help even if you can only commit a single hour per week.

Letter of Intent: (If you want your own copy, let me know and I will send it over)

Contact me at: toljar@6stack.net

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to read this over, I know it is a wall of text but I wanted to give out as much information as I am able. First off, my name is Chris “Toljar” Grotheer, and I am one of the two founders of 6Stack Entertainment. This company is brand new, and is going to focus on collaboratively making games that we all want to play. Co-founder Andy and I feel like the big studios aren’t listening to what their communities and players want, and in many cases, aren’t putting out the games that us gamers want to play. We want to focus on breaking away from this trend first and foremost. On top of that, we have come up with some new concepts that we haven’t seen done before, and think could really set our projects apart. So, on to the game and what we’re looking for:

We are biting off a lot to chew for this first project. We are going to be making a RPG that transitions into a MMO. We plan on telling a rich story narrative, bringing in traditional elements from today’s MMO genre, while weaving in new ideas and concepts that we have not seen done before. To speed things along, we are looking for help from talented and aspiring game developers. Where we are standing right now, we are a very small crew, with essentially one-person teams in each area of development. We have a back story and we’re cranking out lore daily. We have come up with several concepts and game mechanics specific for this project -some new, some familiar. The audio for the game, environments and small tid-bits comes in daily, And lastly, we have landed on utilizing Amazon Lumberyard as a development platform. We feel this tool will give us an opportunity to expedite our development process, and get into a playable alpha relatively quickly.

If you are interesting in getting in at the ground-level, and joining the 6Stack team, here are some of positions we are looking for:

Coders -familiarity with CryEngine or Lumberyard would be ideal, 3D modelers, Environment designers (This is a big one), Quest designers, Any other skills you can offer that you think might help!

We know that these are some pretty steep skill sets. And even though we are asking people to join our project for the love of games and desire to make something great, we are firm believers that if you are talented at something you should get paid for it. If we pull this off, 6Stack will to pay everyone back for their contributions.

If you have additional questions, please let us know and we would be glad to answer them for you.

2. Wrath

Wrath New Member

Hello,

Can you tell me how many members are currently in the team?
    Which are the "areas of development" that you have someone in?
    How many hours a week do the team members work on this project?

3. toljar

toljar New Member

@Wrath

Thanks for reaching out with your questions. Currently, my business partner and I are handling most of the writing and design, but in addition we have two concept artists, one web developer, and one composer working regularly. We also have received interest and are in discussions with multiple sound engineers and a few developers that we hope to be bringing on board shortly.

We are bringing people on to this project as contractors for our company, 6Stack Entertainment, LLC. Under the terms of our contract, we are not asking for or requiring any time commitments (yet), so we're seeing a wide range of time spent. Some folks have already put in quite a few hours working on their parts, while others are helping us between day jobs and family commitments when they are able to. At any rate, if you are interested and have a talent to offer, we'd love to discuss further. We do have an NDA that we would need signed before we can fill you in on details of the project, but once that is out of the way, we would want to setup a Skype call so we could meet face to face (virtually) and chat about the project and what you can bring to the table to see if it's a good fit.

Let me know if you want to move forward with the NDA.

Thank you

4. Wrath

Wrath New Member

I'm quite curious about your intentions, plans and the possibilities with Lumberyard and multiplayer games.
    Building an MMO has been a long term goal of mine and I have always found that team comp and dedication was a limitation.

I will / have private messaged you for more details and an NDA.

Thank you.