Roll Call

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by helmet275, Mar 1, 2004.

1. GeexGames

GeexGames New Member

Geex Games
    Name: Stef Roys
    Company: (solo)

Hi There, gaming and development are hoobies for me since I am 11. I used to start on oooold PC and then ATARI 520ST and AMIGA 500. More recently I worked on a 2d Suite (called Geex) to fast-develop game compatible with xbox and PC. Basically it's a XNA framework with all necessary tools. This engine is also capable of importing RPG Maker XP data.
    I've released the first game made with Geex one week ago and it's about to be released on xbox (peer review at the moment), so I reckon I'll be sharing the game with you guys soon

I am quite interested in getting in touch with motivated creators/art-gfx, especially if you want some help to develop your project/idea. Now that I have the Suite done, it should be easy as pie :)

I am also musician, you will be able to check my creation in the game presentation topic, I will post the game web-site where musics are available

talk to you soon

2. MtM0201

MtM0201 New Member

Name: Matt Murray
    Company: None
    URL: http://www.matt-boston.com

Hello everybody,
    I have been making music for six years, gaming my whole life. I hope to blend my two loves into one craft.
    I don't really know what else to say, but if you're interested in talking you're welcome to send me a PM or message me through my website.

3. DirtyMongorian

DirtyMongorian New Member

Name: David Polensky
    Company: N/A
    URL: http://www.mantis3d.com and www.darkhillstudios.com (not up and running yet)

Background: I've been messing around with game development for 5 years but have very little to show for it except several engine and software licenses. I primarily keep to 3D architectural design but I'm starting to get in to the finer points of asset creation. I've also have been writing music for over 20 years and have a rather nice home studio that allows me to create just about any sound that I need. Some of the engines that I have had the fortune and misfortune of working with are: Torque (all of them), Unity3D, Unreal and a few others that are not worth a mention.

That is a very quick background write-up. I have released one demo (not worth playing) and have created several assets that mark huge benchmarks in my quest to release a mediocre game demo and perhaps a full game title at some point. If you want to know anymore about me such as my skill sets, software used, genre of development or anything else don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
    David

4. corvidology

corvidology New Member

Corvidology
    Name: Mary
    Company: Corvidology Inc.
    URL: http://www.corvidology.com/

Bg: Corvidology is a 2 person studio including me the artist and the programmer. We develop games on the iPhone currently but are looking to expand into other mobile devices.

I myself come from a film/video background and a Master's degree in Game Design. I moved to Texas from Michigan and worked for an iPhone development studio for 2 years before striking out with a co-worker and going indie.
    My art is from self-teaching mostly.

Our company currently has one game on the market called Hubbub the Word Association game. It's only available on the itunes app store.

5. Eniko

Eniko New Member

Name: Emma Maassen
    Company/URL: None yet

I've been teaching myself how to program and do art for games for oh, 14-15 years now, yet I have one whopping finished game to my name. Specialties include graphical systems programming (2D and some 3D), pixel art, and retro style. Currently working on getting a serious game developed, unfortunately in my spare time.

I'd also love to chat with my peers since all these years I've neglected to network. So toss me a PM if you like.

6. alfredosays

alfredosays New Member

Name: Alfredo
    Company: Solo
    URL: http://about.me/alfredogil

Heya!

I'm a recent grad from Emerson College looking to connect with other indies and support them. I'm dedicating my life to this medium and just starting out, so it's nice to see a wide open field in front of me.

Cheers.

7. DarKKendO

DarKKendO New Member

Name: Ciaran Harrigan
    Company: Don't Look Down Games
    URL: http://tempusgame.wordpress.com

Background:
    Earlier this year I finished a degree in Computer Games Development and have been working on games since a few years before that. I'm currently working on getting my first game, Tempus, through development. I mainly use Unity for Tempus however I am looking to branch out into C++ in the future. I currently work full time as a Software Developer however the dream (as I'm sure we all share) is to be indie full time.

8. pat3ck

pat3ck New Member

Name: Patrick Garde
    Company: Games Reviewer
    URL: http://gamesreviewer.net
    Occupation: Founder of Games Reviewer and Contributor at Tapscape

Background:
    Me and my brother have shared the passion for gaming since Family Computer and right now we're focusing more on playing, and eventually, reviewing iPad games.

9. moxica

Original Member

Better late than never... :eek:

Name: Jerome Lorin
    Company: Naaty Design
    URL: http://www.naaty-design.com and http://www.content-pack.com

Cooking game graphics for PC, smartphones and tablets (first smartphone/pocket-PC game released in 2005), illustrations, pixel art, logos and many other pieces related to graphic design.

10. DevonHG

DevonHG New Member

Name: Devon Godfrey
    Company: None yet
    URL: Under Construction

Background:
    Just graduated with a degree in Multimedia and am continuing my education in computer science. I'm intermediate in coding but I haven't received much formal education in it since a bomb flash game design class back in my previous college. Nearly failed that class due to the lack of any programing knowledge. Since then I have dabbled in it and now have gotten to the point of being able to construct games in Game Maker 8.1(Code, not Drag and Drop). I joined this community to see what those much farther than myself and doing so I can start to set goals and standards to that of all the talented people here. Due to my degree I'm potent at pretty much everything except for the coding itself which I will get better at both due to my own time spent on it and my formal education.

I am looking forward to what insights I will find here. Glad to be a part of this.

11. Oldschool_Wolf

Oldschool_Wolf New Member

Name: Paul
    URL: GameJolt profile.

Background: I like to spend my spare time pretending to be an Indie games developer! I've messed around with many game engines over the years, it's a very rewarding hobby. I've joined this forum to learn from the big boys, so that maybe one day I can call myself a real Indie game developer!

12. druebey2

druebey2 New Member

Name: drew
    Company: TBD
    Hobbies: Reading, playing video games, researching historical facts, looking for information for my game.

been playing games since i was 5 years old on an old AST in 95. first 4x game i played was colonization. played imperialism and colonization for the next 3 years, original Civ for 2 years, then dropped off games for lil while. been wanting to make a game since i was 7. did some learning from my father in C++ and binary. today i am making a brand new game called mankinds beginning:paleolithic to mesolithic era. hope you enjoyed this tidbit about me and hope to hear from you soon.

13. Relic724

Relic724 New Member

Name: Charles Anderson
    Company: None
    Hobbies: VisualStudio/XNA/C#, jMonkeyEngine/OpenGL/Java, playing video games, reading

I've played video games and written small ones since '88. I never release them. I just joined this forum to look at all the cool pictures and cheer folks on. That's about it. When I have something that I'll want to release, I'll probably chime in and say, "Hey guys, whatcha think?" Because I'll only be a true indie game developer when I release something for others to enjoy.

14. Mister Builder

Mister Builder New Member

Name: Cameron Gislason
    Company: Addendum Studios
    URL: http://www.addendumstudios.ca

Background:
    Only started into Indie development late 2013. I do not currently have any extensive game development training or experience. I have worked on small unreleased projects in Game Maker in the past and built some hobby projects (also unreleased) in Unity. Probably one of the skinnier histories here now that I look at it.. hmm.

15. Tyren

Tyren New Member

Name: Shane DeSeranno
    Company: Four Friends Games
    URL: http://www.fourfriendsgames.com

Background:
    I've been involved in computers since I was 9 years old... 28 years now. I had a Commodore 64 and spent many nights writing fun little games. I was hooked and knew I wanted to make a living writing code for a living. Here I am, nearly 30 years later! Bliss. Last year, my friends and I decided to open a small business to track the development of games. Our first game launched last month (Palabra for Windows 8), and we are excited about the prospects of bringing Palabra (and other games) to all platforms.

16. Elm

Elm New Member

Name: Elm
    Company: currently working with Addendum Studies
    URL: http://www.addendumstudios.ca

Background:
    I'm a small budding artist and writer. I've done things for PBBWGs and little RPGs, but I still have a long way to go. I'm just always looking for a way to develop my craft within art and literature. I hope to put up a small concept art studio one day... soon.

17. r0land

r0land New Member

Name: Roland Bewick
    Company: Transhuman Design
    URL: http://storm2d.net
    Hobbies: Weightlifting, Music, Reading, Surfing

Background: Began programming around 2007, making simple scripts and hacks for the game Soldat. Soon after I started making simple games, using Visual Basic, Pascal, C++, and Java, discovering that I loved the creative and problem solving aspects of programming. In 2011 I started studying and at the end of the year began working with Transhuman design.

18. RoboticPotato

RoboticPotato New Member

Name: Alex Lau
    Company: Robotic Potato
    URL: http://roboticpotato.com

Background:
    I worked in business software for about 8 years starting around my junior year in college. I worked for a financial consulting company for 6 years, then a social media startup for 2. After that I decided I wanted to take a real risk and launch my own gaming company. Our first game, Mother Goose is currently in development and we plan on launching a kickstarter soon.

19. JaShinYa

JaShinYa New Member

Name: Josh Musser
    Company: Self-employed
    Hobbies: Reading, writing, sports, and of course playing games!

I record voice overs for clients needing a young, tech-savvy sounding voice as well as character voices for animation and games. I also own and produce The Indie Game Riot Podcast which aims to support indie games and the community surrounding them. On top of all of that, I also record Let's Plays of a variety of games.

20. polywickstudio

polywickstudio New Member

Company: Polywick Studio
    URL: http://www.polywickstudio.com/portfolio/

Background:
    We’re a close team of creatives, designers, artists who work together to create beautiful, engaging artwork.