Rize of the Summonds: Upcoming metroidvania, fantasy game. Transform into orc, wraith, cat and more!

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Rize of the Summonds, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Rize of the Summonds

2. Rize of the Summonds

Team is working on mutliple tasks. Plan on having a build and more videos/trailers by April 6th so we can submit our game for Terminus Conference and Festival(we can win awards and showcase our game, if selected).

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Rize of the Summonds

We are currently working on revising the levels and adding particle effects, sounds, and other visual/audio feedback. Will upload gifs and screenshots of this, later on.

4. Rize of the Summonds

What do you guys think? Open to any feedback.

Note that the project is still a work in project. We are currently updating the level to expand and add ramps and curves to the platforms, updating some of the characters and adding more characters as well as scripting better smarter A.I system. We are going to be displaying possibly 2 trailers, since we need to create them to compete in the "Terminus Conference + Festival" contest. Wish us luck!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Rize of the Summonds

The team is focusing on creating our company's website and revising our Game Design Document (GDD) so that it's a maximum of 10 pages long. The Terminus Conference + Festival contest deadline is tomorrow (4/6/2017) at midnight pacific time. We are in preparation to submit. We will gain more exposure through this contest and future conventions and competitions.

6. Rize of the Summonds

We submitted to the Terminus Conference + Festival contest before midnight, last night. We should be notified by May 11th, on if we are finalists or not. I'm super excited just because this is our very first contest that we are participating in :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Rize of the Summonds

Bugs that we are going to fix!:
    1) Ever since I added the background images (The gates located in the background), each summond glitches behind them for a second, when switch between move left and move right.
    2) Some of the enemies just launches into the air for no reason, lol.
    3) The platforms are overlapping each other, at the corner.

[​IMG]

8. Rize of the Summonds

Gameplay update!!

First off, I need to make sure that I purchase the full version of bandicam so I can get rid of the watermark and create hd quality recordings. Unless, do you guys know of free video/gameplay recorders with great quality? Let us know.

We used the Ferr2D unity plugin in order to create the terrain platforms, adding curves to them as well. I used this same tool for the background gates, but I want to find out how I'm going to add other patterns such as rocks, broken gates, etc.... Ferr 2D also forced us to create spritesheets which allows us to save valuable memory, in the long run (spritesheets is the only way Ferr2D will read the assets).

#28 Rize of the Summonds, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  9. Rize of the Summonds

We finally started to create our company website, and will post the link in this forum when completed.

10. Rize of the Summonds

Successfully applied to both of the Spring Play events in New York City and San Francisco. Will be attending these events. So excited because these will be the first 2 events that I attend for our game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]