[Revshare] Conceptual Level Designer for 2D Nintendo Style Apocalyptic Platformer (NO CODING)

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by EVAPilot, Jun 12, 2018.

1. EVAPilot

EVAPilot New Member

https://www.develteam.com/Game/2D-Ninte ... PCXbox-One

NO CODING or ARTISTIC CAPABILITY REQUIRED

Currently a one-man team working on an indie nintendo-style 2D platform game (not mobile). Looking for an expert in "good game design", preferably a fellow gamer with NES and SNES game familiarity (Super Ghouls and Ghosts, Little Samson, Mr Gimmick!, Super Metroid, Castlevania III, Super Mario World, Battletoads, Donkey Kong Country 2, Megaman X).

The game is inspired by retro platformers with an apocalyptic plot inspired by Shin Megami Tensei and a 2D cartoon art style. Looking primarily for a level designer to work on level blueprinting or rough annotated sketches with intricate ideas and complex concepts that will be both fun and challenging for the player (no coding or artistic capability required but artist capability is a plus). Basically the level designer would be working on ideas, concepts, and the overall structure of the levels themselves. Currently I am designing the characters, developing the game, writing the script, animating the sprites, and producing the music so finding someone else with a passion for these types of games would be awesome to share the process with. I am currently working on this full time. Obviously the level designer will be included in the rev share once the game is released on steam and any ports going forward.

Experience with level building (mario maker, Megaman maker, etc) or with rom hacking/Level modding/original game design preferable. Obviously if you have other skills too such as artistic (2d graphic design, digital painting, sprite animation) that would be helpful as well. Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in being involved with.