[Rev-Share/KickStarter] Looking to assemble a team for Fantasy Late-Victorian/WWI CRPG

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by TakaTheTown, Jan 14, 2019.

1. TakaTheTown

TakaTheTown New Member

Hi everyone, like many of you here I've noticed a bit of a resurgence lately with the CRPG genre. Titles like the Divinity Original Sin series, Pillars of Eternity series and many others seem to be popping up like there's no tomorrow. I've had an incredible time playing them, the immense depth of character customization and creativity of quests never ceased to always leave me wanting for more. This has left such an impact I've taken it upon myself to start thinking up and designing my very own CRPG, set in a fantasy world inspired after the period in time from about 1890-1920. This era has always fascinated me; it was the death of the old world, brought about by the clash of old ideals and new technology, the dying breath of a way of life long since forgotten. It's my intention to capture this zeitgeist in a way that's both fun for players to play and developers to create.

Now I understand how much of an absolutely monumental undertaking this all is which is why I'm looking for as much help as possible. Personally I'll be able to help with game design/project management, programming and a bit of writing if need be but I'm looking for people who can assist with anything else or who can do what I can but better (which honestly shouldn't be too hard). I don't have anything to offer monetary wise up-front but I'd be more than willing to work out a revenue sharing plan with whoever's interested. Crowdfunding's also always an option, although I feel like there should be something tangible before we start to go down that route lest we fall in the same trap that so many others have fallen before.

Thank you to everyone who took the time out of their day to read this, if you have any questions or inquiries regarding the game please feel free to ask I'll try answer them as quickly as possible.

2. Volluskrassos

Volluskrassos New Member

Please show that you have the knowledge and a realistic plan to finish at least a milestone for the project.
    What game engine will you use?
    Make a GDD and estimate the workload for at least the first milestone then break it down to the required ressources, e.g. 3d modelling, coding..
    What are youre experiences in game-making and leading a team? Do you know the production workflows and can you use the tools for cooperation e.g. source control?

3. TakaTheTown

TakaTheTown New Member

Hello first off thank you for responding.

To answer your question though my first real milestone is to get a team together or at least a significant party of interested people. Once that happens (or rather if) the first real goal is to get a workable demo featuring one town and a few other areas of interest. The intent is to showcase both the world I've created along with the combat and stat systems. With regards to game engines I was planning on using Unity, specifically Unity 3D. From what I've gathered engines like Unreal certainly provide a lot more polish to the final product but come with a much steeper learning curve, Unity seems to be more conducive for smaller and less experienced teams to use effectively. I completely understand why there appears to be a certain amount of hesitation to my post, especially considering the lack of actual information I put forth in it. I'm sure this forum gets inundated with posts similar all the time that go nowhere. I was just trying to generate a little buzz and see if anyone else was interested in the idea, perhaps this was the wrong place to ask and I apologize. I made a few posts elsewhere and have already gotten a few offers for programming positions. For what it's worth I've started working on the GDD, it's only a table of contents at the moment and only about 20-30% but I'll upload it anyways and will be happy to elaborate on anything. Even if this project falls through as an actual video game I still think it has the potential for a kick-ass PnP RPG.

Best regards and thank you for your time.

Attached Files:

4. Zane Sexton

Zane Sexton New Member

Hello, my name is Zane Sexton and I'm an experienced voice actor who is interested in your project. You can view my website at ZaneSexton.weebly.com, where you can view my demo reel, headshot, and resume. Thank you for your time!