Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Game Design' started by noahbwilson, Nov 1, 2016.
Oh ok. Good luck with your game
More power-ups. New music. Game switches from a Sandbox/RPG to an Arcade/Action/Dungeon crawler in a snap!
Hoping to put together a real trailer and figure out a launch goal soon. August looks good.
This just in: Retro Knight will take place in real time. The game changes from sunrise -> day -> sunset -> night.
Day: Enemies are easier and drop the standard amount of items. More people to talk to in towns.
Night: Enemies are stronger and drop more items. Fewer people to talk to in towns. Harder to see.
Sunrise and Sunset are the same as Day (or are they?).
All stores are (currently) open 24/7. Will probably keep that. I am working on other potential changes based on the hour, but I'm not going too crazy.
The game already changes every 24 hours (set to change at Midnight Eastern time) in the following ways:
- Store 'Sale Days'
- Treasure chests reset (depending on the type of treasure chest as some take several days to reset).
- Location of traveling stores/special buildings on the map
Still trying to figure out a launch day for "World 1". The entire game will not be available on launch, but it's going to take players a month or so to beat World 1. There will be 8 worlds total. You will have to buy a "passport" to go to the other Worlds (game money, not real money, ever), so save up!
SO MANY NEW THINGS!!!! ... except a new video.
- FISHING! Was able to recreate nearly a replica of the fishing option from Animal Crossing. Only 3 rods and 8 fish though. Will likely add more later, but it works!
- ARMOR! Added 13 different armors. Room for a lot more. Open to ideas that don't suck. So far: Bronze Armor, Steel Armor, Plumber Gear (Mario suit), Hero Armor (Link suit), Bomber Armor (Bomberman suit), Demon Armor, Grudge's Suit (inside joke), Dragon Armor (Bubble Bobble), Alien Armor (Samus suit), Mega Armor (Mega Man suit), Gold Armor.
- FLEXIBLE HUD. Changes based on what you have.
- 2nd USE WEAPONS. Some weapons now have a second use (projectiles). Those weapons you cannot charge up for a special move, however. Lightning Blade, Fire Sword, and Ice Sword all can both swing and shoot. Hero's Sword can shoot if you have full life (like Zelda).
- NEW POWERUPS. Stopwatch from Castlevania. Leaf Shield and Metal Blades from Mega Man. Power pellets from Pac Man (they really turn all the enemies on the screen into 1-hit ghosts).
Also www.retroknight.com construction is underway.
Game looks amazing! But I really hope the SFX are placeholder... ^^
Not especially. They need to be balanced a bit more.
If you want to offer some detailed feedback, SFX can be easily replaced... as soon as I find/make replacements.
For fun, I posted the soundtrack!
If you want to use any song by me (Noah B. Wilson). You can as long as you give credit. I don't mind. Just let me know. Can't use the ones by Vince, sorry.
Updated the website a little bit, and I could use your help. I need NPCs, and I created a little Flash program that will let you design them! Just design, click SUBMIT, and then do it again.
I would love some silly names. Thank you!
LEVEL EDITOR BETA NOW PUBLIC!
I'll be the first to say it is NOT entirely user friendly. I made it for me to use. There is no manual. Maybe if I really want to go public with it and make it an option for real players to use, I'll clean it up.
Feel free to message me on here if you have questions. I'd love to see what people are able to make. If you're really good, I might just add your area to my game as an Island Adventure (sandbox) or a Questmaster Quest (linear).
Please do NOT use the ITEMS ... you can use the POWERUPS (red/yellow boxes), but no coins, hearts, or treasure chests.
There's more info on this page.