Recruiting devs and pixel artists - PAID AND REVENUE SHARE

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Whats, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Whats

Whats New Member

New Piskel (1).gif Hello there, everyone!
    My name is Thomas, living in Europe, and I’m trying to put together a team to make a game.
    The game: It’s called Dust Runners, and it’s a post-apocalyptic roguelike survival scavenging 2D Pixel-Art game with turn-based and J-RPG mechanics in an original setting and story revolving around an apocalyptic dark-humored future, heavily inspired by the games Neo Scavenger and Sheltered.The game incorporates a lot a classic game mechanics like turn based combat, crafting and so on. However, the style and minimal art allows time for a lot of content, which I intend to implement.
    Me: I have little to no relevant skills regarding computer science. However I have designed almost every aspect of the game and can greatly guide devs. I have put together a serious GDD, have drawing and animations of concepts, as well as detailed sketches of the interfaces and what the game would look like. I am currently putting together a library of the items and quests. As of right now, the concept of the game is pretty complete, and I am getting things done one the fundraising side and I recently paid for related services. I think that from there, we should take the direction of a mockup demo or a trailer, or working parts of the game (Code for the map, fighting system, etc.)
    Timeline: Depending on the number of the people on the team, the mockup, trailer or demo should take anywhere from not being made to six months.
    The team: I’m looking for programmers familiar with 2D hexmaps and tilemaps and the mechanics associated with the genres mentioned above. I need Pixel Artists for animations, sprites, icons, items, equipment, tiles, UI and the Places art. I could also use the services of a community manager or someone who knows these things and anybody with legal and business knowledge to handle the partners and publicity. I already have some friends and a newly encountered freelance french unity dev who just joined me.
    Dough: I was just repatriated from China where I was living and working for health issues. I am currently recovering and am not working. However I am due to get a job soon near my home, after my final intervention on the 10/28. I am also getting unemployed benefits, and have virtually no expanses here, so I have some cash to pay you.However, the ideal for me and I believe, you, in the long term, is a system of shares in the profit-to-be on sales, and to form long-lasting profesional and amical relations with the team members. Any variation of these two systems and more are negotiable and debatable.One note on the shares though, I intend to take a half-share, compared to a full share for any other “pro” working on the project. (So if we are three, I’d get 20% and the two collaborators 40% each and so on).
    Prospects: Like I said, the game is heavily influenced by two other games, Neo Scavenger and Sheltered. Together, those games have sold from 300.000 to 700.000 copies, at $15 each minus Steam’s cut which I believe to be $2.5. I believe we can do just as well if not much better, as those games have some flaws or lackings that I think we could cover.

I can’t wait to hear from you! Please help me make this dream a reality!Thomas.PS: you can PM me for a discord or email