RealNetworks Acquires Trymedia

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DFG, Feb 22, 2008.

1. DFG

DFG
    Original Member

2. berserker

Indie Author

Ok, so they finally announced it.

Now I wonder what possible aggregators to reach Yahoo! and AOL are out there availiable to parties who does not publish their games exclusively? Since TryMedia is now part of Real I suppose they will be carrying only Real exclusive titles.

I guess Oberon still available non-exclusively... anyone else?
    ________
    WINDSOR ENGINE

#2 berserker, Feb 23, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  3. Kaos

Original Member

This raises an interesting question:

How much would you sell your company for?

4. Grey Alien

Indie Author

I thought it was only Oberon and Trymedia before this buy out. But there could be more...certainly they won't accept games from you on your own (I tried) - they insist on an "aggregator".

#4 Grey Alien, Feb 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2008
  5. defanual

Original Member

funny things acquisitions...

Hmmm, I wonder if my game will end up in realarcade 'by default' now? That would be ironic considering it was rejected originally:p

Acquisitions are funny things sometimes, the only one I ever remember thinking 'thats a no brainer' or 'that's a good combination' was when adobe acquired macromedia (those apps always like each other;) , but now there married with kids!).

The Metacreations (Poser, Anime Studio etc) acquisitions are legendary! Metacreations -> Curious Labs -> e frontier and now smith micro:eek: