Question about book on Java

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by B_Level, Apr 26, 2007.

1. B_Level

B_Level New Member

I recently picked up a copy of JavaUnleashed "Sofware Edition" (ISBN 1-57521-153-X) I only paid $4 for it. I was wondering how relevant, if at all, this is anymore. It's from '96 and covers Java 1.0 and JDK 1.0 (now I know that's OLD!) I'm wondering is this worth keeping around as a reference or am I better off donating it to my local Goodwill ?!? Thanks.

2. electronicStar

Original Member

3. B_Level

B_Level New Member

HAHAHAHA! I figured it wasn't worth too much after I got it and saw the copyright date (initially won it in an e-bay auction). Thnaks for the input/advice.

4. 20thCenturyBoy

Original Member

1996? Ah memories, the Euro '96 in England, Oasis playing at Knebworth...and the introduction of a pokey little language called Java!
    Since that book Java has had 6 major updates, I think you can draw your own conclusions about it's current relevance!

Edit: Bah - replying to a month old thread!