Pyro Particle Editor: now FREE!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mad_rain, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Acord

Acord New Member

Try Texturemaker. It's not that expensive, and the add on particle editor is simple to use. With a little practice, it's easy to create loops, and it will output stuff into strips. Besides which, it's an all around good program. They let you evaluate any version for 30 days.

On the other hand, it sucks for 3D particles. But it would probably fit your needs well. I on the other hand will be playing with Pyro, since BF NEEDS a nice 3D particle system. Programming those things in gets tedious.

2. rockford

rockford New Member

Hi all,

I tried Pyro (under cpp + PTK) because I plan to use it in my next project.
    The lib seem amazing, but I went through many difficulty...

- The documentation is quite poor and the PTK sample provided is for creating explosion, that's not my need (I want a sparkle effect)
    - The sample is slowed by a kind of waiting loop, note sure how to integrate same behavior in a game engine...
    - After hours, I managed to create an individual emmiter and make it follow the mouse, but the rendering is very different than the editor rendering

[​IMG]

I hope the purchased version is delivered with more samples, and support. Any advice or PTK sample is welcome :).

3. TazMan47

TazMan47 New Member

Pyro Editor

Just wanted to say THANKS for this great particle editor. :D

4. Dragst

Dragst New Member

I'm humbly requesting the random start frame feature.

5. luggage

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

@rockford: I had the same problem, the blending modes in PTK aren't set correctly. Can't remember what the exact ones you need to change are now though. Basically I looked at the PTK source to see what blend modes it uses, then looked at the various samples to see what Pyro used and made sure they match up.

6. luggage

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

That would be could. I'd also like to create an emitter shape. At the moment you can do points, lines and around the edge of a circle but I'd like to give it a volume. So any particle generated will be created within the volume randomly.

Would be really nice if I could drop down points to create the emitter shape but if not just circles and boxes would do.