Puzzle Moppet free for one day!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by xDan, Jul 12, 2011.

1. xDan

xDan New Member

Indie puzzle game "Puzzle Moppet" will be going *free* for one day.

See here: http://garnetgames.com/puzzlemoppet/awarenessday/

We hope that by giving the game away free for one day we can raise awareness of the Moppet's lonely and desperate plight, and get some people playing what is, in at least one reviewer's opinion, "a well conceived and executed little puzzle game". [1]

Puzzle Moppet will be available completely free for 24 hours starting on Thursday 14th July.

Puzzle Moppet is available for Windows and Linux and is DRM free.

[1] http://playthisthing.com/puzzle-moppet

2. richtaur

Indie Author

Why make it free in two days instead of right now? I can't imagine you'll be getting any sales for the next 40+ hours with that huge "soon to be free" text …

3. xDan

xDan New Member

> I can't imagine you'll be getting any sales for the next 40+ hours with that huge "soon to be free" text …

Ahh, if only that were a worry ;)

The idea for the delay is so some news sites might have time to write about it. I don't really know the correct way to do something like this.

Ideally, a whole lotta people will get the game free, perhaps some may like it, then recommend it to others. At the moment nobody knows about it, so I don't have much to lose.