Pull My Tongue [WiP, one-man-project]

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Zilk, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Zilk

Zilk New Member

The animations are run in the same fps as the game since they are 3d animations. The character for instance is a 3d rigged skeleton character that is flat. And the star timer is a flat plane that is uvoffseted. However if I were to do it in a 2D sprite sheet animation I would probably aim for 24fps.

2. Zilk

Zilk New Member

I started working on a new puzzle element, a balloon that can be inflated by tapping it and deflated by holding it. Now I just need to make it pretty ;) Gonna try to make it a bit bouncy by rigging and animating it.

[​IMG]

3. Zilk

Zilk New Member

I made the first level for the balloons with included tutorial. Tonight I might get some time to finish up the animations to make them come alive a little more :)

[​IMG]

4. melight

melight New Member

Dude, amazing work

5. higgipoker

higgipoker New Member

Absolutely fantastic idea and, by the looks of it, beautifully executed. Bravo!

6. Zilk

Zilk New Member

Thanks! Glad you like it. Probably get the balloon animations done tonight and post another gif if it turns out good :)

7. Zilk

Zilk New Member

Finished the balloon rig today so now I can start to animate it :)
    [​IMG]

8. Zilk

Zilk New Member

First implementation of the balloon animations. Gonna do some tweaks and make it feel a bit less stiff but I just had to show it :D

[​IMG]

9. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

Looks rather cute, not to mention a game that requires a lot of compassion as well as concentration to move on, which is pretty lovely all things considered not to mention the level of focus needed to move forward.

10. Zilk

Zilk New Member

Glad you like it :)

Tonight I added the final touches to the balloons, now they have physic simulated strings if they move, react to the tongue and can be bounced a bit if you hit them hard.

[​IMG]

11. Zilk

Zilk New Member

I got bored and added some interaction with the popcorn steam. Just for fun :)
    [​IMG]

12. higgipoker

higgipoker New Member

You have a real winner on your hands here. If I had one piece of advice it would be to not get carried away with features and complex game mechanics to start with.

Keep it simple and accessible.

Really, if there were a stock market for mobile game ideas, my money would be in this one!

13. Zilk

Zilk New Member

higgipoker: Thanks for the tip! It's easy to get sucked into some cool feature from time to time that takes a lot of work. I'm almost done with all the levels and only have one more puzzle element left to do. After that it's mostly polish and getting everything working as smooth as possible :)

DukeofRealms likes this.
  14. TamaraRyan

TamaraRyan New Member

Fun concept and well executed! I don't know why, but I feel like I've seen a similar Chameleon before, like in a logo. However when I search for it I find nothing, so it shouldn't be an issue. Keep up the good work!

15. Zilk

Zilk New Member

Yeah, more people have said that and pointed to the notepad++ logo. It's not more similar than that it is a chameleon though so I think it's fine :)

16. Zilk

Zilk New Member

Poppable balloons are now ingame, just gotta make some levels for them :)

[​IMG]

17. RaulGFT

RaulGFT New Member

Nice mechanics and great art work! You have achieved really nice animations.

18. Zilk

Zilk New Member

I have been working with a lot of boring stuff lately so not much to post. Finished up the fourth worlds levels, polished up some animations, fixed up some UI that didn't look that good etc. I at least finished up the latest version of the main menu today :)

[​IMG]

Next I'm gonna try to animate a short little 10-15 second intro that shows when starting level 1.

19. Zilk

Zilk New Member

I "finalized" the intro for my game tonight! Might do some tweaks but I would say this is 99% complete :)

[​IMG]

20. Zilk

Zilk New Member

I have started updating the solution system now and it is a total headache but now I'm at least halfway there :) Now solutions for the level can be activated and it shows the player where the elements should be before moving onto the next step.

Now I just gotta go through all levels and make sure it's working for all the puzzle elements :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]