promoting iPhone game

Discussion in 'Development & Distribution' started by vbovio, Aug 19, 2009.

1. vbovio

vbovio New Member

Hi,

for those of you who write iPhone games, what do you do to promote your game ?
    I'm waiting for approval of mine, once it goes for sale (hopefully) I paln to write to those iPhone/iPod app sites, but apart from that and the app store itself what do you guys do/recommend ?

Thanks.

PS (for moderators): at what time my signature is visible ?

2. JGOware

Indie Author

I've got several iPhone games coming out. The standard seems to be light/free, paid/full. The light version advertises the full version. Other than that, same old same old. Submit, email, advertise, repeat as needed.

3. FlagellumDei

FlagellumDei New Member

4. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

To get any real traction though, you need to be news. Paid advertising and iPhone tends to be a money pit.