Programmers' day. Congratulations!

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by General, Sep 13, 2010.

1. General

General New Member

Hi! Today, on the 256th day of the year, we celebrate our professional holiday! I 'd like to congratulate my colleagues and wish effective solutions, bug-free code and wide recognition of your efforts!

Good luck!

2. Four

Four New Member

yay programmers day should be a national holiday

3. General

General New Member

It's the programmers' day again! Congratulations!
    What has changed in your work since the previous year? As for me I entered flash-game development, released 3 games and planning to release more. :)

4. Karja

Original Member

I'd love for this day to be a national holiday. How would every coder celebrate it? By sitting indoors writing code, of course. Maybe with a glass of wine to toast himself.

5. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

I'd hate to see it a national holiday... there are too many holidays already ;-) One day holidays get you out of rhythm and you become less productive.

Maybe I should do some extra coding today. I so much miss old days when I could code for 8 hours straight. Now I feel lucky when I get a chance to code for an hour (that's how my tasks have changed).

6. General

General New Member

I've started my new project this morning :)

7. Richard Nunes

Richard Nunes New Member

Wine? Many of the programmers I know will likely celebrate with cans of highly-caffeinated beverages.

8. Musenik

Original Member

Right day. But a REAL programmer would have called it day 255. :) Happy coding, everyone! I've enjoyed it quite a bit already. Fix'n bugs. Mak'n bugs. Still in the equal amounts of fix'n and mak'n stage of development.

9. KarsonKimbrel

KarsonKimbrel New Member

I celebrated yesterday with 3 cool cans of Mountain Dew Code Red ;) (I also did a little programming in between that and college)

10. MaxDaniel

MaxDaniel Guest

I have never heard about the programmers day. If this happens it will be great. A day only for developers.

11. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

To all bot authors:

Saying something like "thanks for the post" absolutely identifies you as a spammer. Must try harder, C-

12. j0d1

j0d1 New Member

13. Davaris

Original Member

Ditto on celebrating day 255. Its up to you IndieGamer. Please put up a big banner marking this day, next year.