Profit Sharing and Paid work for Composer, Pixel artists, Programmer

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Samuel Pothier, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Samuel Pothier

Samuel Pothier New Member

I'm looking to assemble a small, dedicated team to produce a multi-platform 2D action title in the veins of Castlevania : Rondo of Blood, with a powerful visual and musical flair, as well as a fair variety in terms of level gimmicks. This project would require, at minimum, two enemy sprite designer, two programmers, one background/object/menu artist and one SFX/BGM composer.

General design philosophy would be for consistency and fluidity in the artistic departement, a difficulty curve that would allows even less experimented player to slowly overcome the harshest challenge, and constantly introducing new mechanics/challenges/enemies over the course of the game.

Something similar to Castlevania Adventure ReBirth (Wii) or Cursed Castilla (Steam, 3DS) would be at the lower end of my expectations, but still more than adequate for release.

A first level would be produced as a demo (menu screen, intro sequence, stage, boss and credits) to gather further funds through either Kickstarter, Patreon or a Game Studio. I'm looking to pay each artist/engineer a minimum of 1500$ per completed level, with an objective of 8 levels in the game - thus 12 000$ for each partner before even taking profit sharing and OST sales in account. With a team of 6 creators, we would require to raise over 80 000$ to insure to pay the team and the funding platforms.

Everyone will share an equal vote regarding design and business decisions, but I will not take part in the profit sharing, since my only interest is to gather experience in the field of producing and helming a project; My current job pays me well enough that I don't require any additional income source.

The demo will require a 2/3 majority vote of all working members to be considered finished; if the demo doesn't manage to raise an adequate level of fundings after two calendar months to warrant continuation, I'll personally pay out of my pocket 500C$ to everyone involved in piecing together this demo for their work and dedication.

The assets created for this game will belong to the creators of every specific asset (for instance, each BGMs will be the intellectual property of the composer), BUT you must allow for the team to freely use any delivered assets in the event you were to drop from the project.

I am currently undecided on the optimal game engine to employ, as long as it allows for easy portability to PC/Mac/Linux.

Feel free to contact me for more informations, suggestions, or simply trading insults.

Sam,
    Montréal, Canada

#1 Samuel Pothier, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  2. carnero

carnero New Member

3. Samuel Pothier

Samuel Pothier New Member

You're just starting in the composition business?! This is outstanding for an entry-level artist, really!

While this isn't really what I'm looking for, I have this intuition that you could easily fit the role without breaking a sweat; I sense real talent brewing in your work. Could you try improvising something snazzy for me, that would sneakily fit a 2D Castlevania OST without anyone noticing? You don't need to PM me more than 15-20 seconds, just something to show off your chops in regards to bringing alive a strong, catchy melody that would light up a trailer.

The demo would only require at most 4 BGMs (intro, Stage, Boss, credits), and two of these could actually be slight remixes of the Stage/Boss tracks as placeholder. SFXs selecting shouldn't be of much difficulty, albeit still a time-intensive work.

4. Zeno

Zeno New Member

Hi there I'm a Unity programmer!
    I've written you in PM