Pro Game Composer - An offer

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by Marcussen, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Marcussen

Original Member

Hi there. My first post :)

Artist: Christian Marcussen
    Web: www.marcussenmusic.com (nothing there yet, which is why I post)

I'm a professional music composer, coming here with an offer. I'm in need of a kick ass website, an figured that rather than just paying someone to do it, I would offer some music to some indie developer who could in exchange create my website.

As I have a pretty busy schedule I'm not talking about scoring an entire game, but maybe a trailer, cinematic or menu cue.

If it has any interest, then let me know. If more people are interested I will pick based on website skills, and how interesting and promising your game is.

If no one is interested well - no harm done :)

Credits Include
    2006 Untitled game (UbiSoft)
    2005 TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (Electronic Arts)
    2004 Second Sight (Codemasters)

[Edit] Examples
    www.marcussenmusic.com/boss.mp3 - action
    www.marcussenmusic.com/dukkehus.mp3 - fairytale/fantasy

#1 Marcussen, Jan 26, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  2. truth

Original Member

You aren't providing examples of your music?

3. Marcussen

Original Member

Hi - well - I planned on seeing if someone was even remotely interested. But your right - I have updated my initial post with some examples. Thanks :)

#3 Marcussen, Jan 27, 2006
  4. truth

Original Member

I really like your music, and I am interested, but I am wondering where you got your vocals from for those two examples. I would like to know more of what you want your website to look like--give me lots of ideas, including emotions, and I can work with that.

Tell me how you might prefer the layout, if you want rollovers (images that change when the cursor is over them), etc. let me know. I do need information. Obviously if you don't want the website I provide, I can use it somewhere else, so don't bother asking me for examples, I don't have any as the ones from the past are in the past. I have moved on.

5. Marcussen

Original Member

Hi - thanks for the replies so far - here, and in PM's. I'll try gather the info here, to ease my workload (i.e not answer the same questions multiple times :))

The site must be sweet to look at, easy to navigate but above all look professional. This may seem as if I was a very simple and classy design but thats not a must.

Here are a few real sites which might also serve as an inspiration. I like when a site is kind of boxed in, like some of these from Nike. Great looking sites!

http://nikewomen.nike.com/nikewomen...=100%&winxp=false&pLngNum=1&c_ref=global_home
    http://www.nike.com/nikerunning/usa/home.jhtml?ref=http://www.nike.com/nikerunning#home
    http://www.foofighters.com/
    http://bowerman.nike.com/bowerman/

Colors I like Black, Grey, Red, Orange, Brown - I like images, and I like when things have a kind raw edge. But again - I'm quite open to suggestions as long as the site looks professional, and people coming to my site find what they were looking for.

I'm considering having alittle flash intro with a short musical fanfare.

#5 Marcussen, Jan 27, 2006
  6. Marcussen

Original Member

Hi... Just figured I would share my current design concept. Its just a mockup, and something aren't in their place - but it should give you an idea bout colors and basics.

What do you think?

[​IMG]

#6 Marcussen, Apr 5, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  7. Gnatinator

Original Member

Mockup looks stylish man, I really like it! Your music is also of good quality, maybe we can do business sometime.

Welcome to indiegamer btw.

8. Robert Cummings

Original Member

if you can mockup like that, why aren't you going the rest of the way?

9. Marcussen

Original Member

Thanks Gnatinator - maybe we can :cool:

Because I'm not a programming savvy. I'm clueless - Especialy with flash - my intention is that the Black text box resizes depending on content. Also stuff like integrating the video into that box is far beyond my capabilities :)

10. Marcussen

Original Member

Hi... Not really looking for website help anymore, but I just vinished a lttle composition I did to test some new gear, Thought I would share it (inspite of it not being your typical techno C64 stuff which people seem to love):)

www.marcussenmusic.com/testscore.mp3

11. magates

Original Member

Chrisitian hello from VSL forum!

12. Marcussen

Original Member

hehe Hi there :)

Good luck with your endevours :cool: