Press Release Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by gramgamer, Mar 5, 2013.

1. gramgamer

gramgamer New Member

Hi all,

My friends and I are about to finish our first casual indie game. I'm looking for some advice on how to do press releases. Do you think it's worthwhile? Any suggestions on websites to use? I've heard about prmac.com but that's about it.

Thanks all

2. HarryBalls

HarryBalls New Member

You may want to include the following information in your release:

1. Game Name and Game Dev's name and contact info.
    2. Game Description- focus on the game mechanics, features and most importantly what makes the game unique. Why should someone buy it?
    3. Links to screenshots,
    4. the game's web site
    5. Purchase links,
    6. download links,
    7. video game trailer

Press Release Distribution - Gamespress (free service, Prmac (for Mac/ios titles only $20 per send I think), and Game Release also not free.

3. Stropp

Stropp New Member

Do a search for press releases by big game developers. There are plenty. Don't stop at one or two. In fact also look at press releases by other companies, they don't even have t be software related.

Study them. Look at the layout, the grammar, and the content. Compare the differences between them.

Create a template. Then write your own release.

Check it. Have other people check it. Leave it for a week or two and then check it again.

You won't have too many opportunities to make a first impression, make sure that impression is as good as it can be.

4. gramgamer

gramgamer New Member

Appreciate the input guys. Will follow both suggestions.