Posts pics of your furry friends

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by FlySim, Feb 12, 2005.

1. FlySim

Indie Author

Since the desk thread was such a hit and there were alot of pets included in the shots, I thought folks might have fun shots of their furry co-workers.
    Here's mine: XMas Dogs

2. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

my pusscat jadzia when she was a years or two younger...

http://www.positech.co.uk/jazzypuss.jpg

my kitten milo (when he was still around :( )

http://www.positech.co.uk/blog/milo.jpg

jadzia keeps my computer chair warm if I watch TV. milo would stand on the desk and lap the milk from the bowl when I finished my morning cereal :D He also enjoyed falling off the back of the desk with a handfull of assorted cables / speakers etc.

3. AndyN

Original Member

Man, I need a cat. Before I left home I was always surrounded by cats and I've found it's almost impossible to be stressed out when you own a cat.

The little suckers just exude such a powerful 'who gives a sh*t?' attitude that it rubs off on you when you're around them. Maybe it's time for a poll, what percentage of successful indie authors are cat owners?

I have gerbils which are slightly less calming. :/

4. Abscissa

Original Member

5. DanDanger

Original Member

6. george

Original Member

there have been so many posts about animals... you guys really love them... i don't know if its a programmer thing, or an artist thing or what... i guess most people like animals, but you guys seem more affectionate to animals than the average person...

am i the only one??? i really don't like them much. not that i hate them, or think they are not valuable, i think animals are cool, just like anyone else. but i don't feel like you guys do. for me, an animal is an animal. i hate animals being in the house, etc. i have a cat, she is almost 9 or 10 years old... and i can't stand her, frankly i'm waiting for her to die... of course i don't abuse the cat or anything, i take good care of her. i've had her since i was a kid, but i just grew apart from animals as i got older. she is just a flea-bag nuisance to me now.

i know, that's pretty screwed up :-(

#6 george, Feb 14, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  7. Matthew

Indie Author

8. george

Original Member

your cat looks very similar to mine... man this makes me look like an asshole now ;-)

9. Wayward

Original Member

Attached Files:

10. Evak

Original Member

11. Phil Newton

Original Member

My dog Fudge.

She's 14 this year, and still in great shape. She's an extremely placid dog, and smart too. When she was a puppy she used to sit on my Dad's shoulder whilst he read the paper.

I don't think there's ever been a period of longer than 6 months when I haven't had a dog in my house.

12. oddvark

Original Member

I had a dog until it dissapeared a while back :( i've been thinking of getting another pet but feel guilty since i'm hardly home...perhaps a cat? I've never had a cat and they strike me as being rather aloof...what do you cat owners find enjoyable about them? If i'm out most nights until late, will it be ok?

13. Jack Norton

Indie Author