Post Mortem for T.W.T.P.B.

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by hObbE, Jan 2, 2009.

1. hObbE

Original Member

I just posted my T.W.T.P.B. post mortem. Where I describe what went right and what went wrong during the 1.5 year development. Maybe there is something interesting in it for you guys.

If you like it a digg or comment is appreciated :eek:

/hObbE

2. wazoo

Original Member

3. hippocoder

Indie Author

I'll read it after I post this, but the first observation in what went wrong is right there in your opening sentance:

You let it take 1.5 years. I think in order to survive, you need a 6 month turnaround or less, max. Your goal is financial I assume?

4. hObbE

Original Member

wazoo/LordBlackthorn: Thanks for that :)

hippocoder:

Well... it's 1.5 years from the first prototype and then about 1 year with serious development and with about 5h active development per week so if I worked full time it should have been completed a lot sooner. Time tend to pass with a daytime job, house, wife, kids and oh I think there is a dog somewhere around here to :p

But I do agree that if I was to live on this I'd have to churn out 2-3 games a year. Right now it's more like a labor of love, and I do get some money to spend on harware, software and gaming stuff :)

/hObbE

5. mrkwang

mrkwang New Member

6. hObbE

Original Member

mrkwang: Sweet :) Let me know if you want a review copy of T.W.T.P.B. :)

7. JoshuaSmyth

Original Member

Good read, game looks awesome. I dig shmups, will have to give yours a spin.