Possible feedback on what can be improved on art?

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by ArdenInTheGarden, Dec 22, 2018.

1. ArdenInTheGarden

ArdenInTheGarden New Member

This is some of the art so far for a sprite, and I was wondering if anyone could let me know what can be improved and what I've done well? Thanks in advance :)

Deja spritesheet (3).png

2. Mallory Thompson

Mallory Thompson New Member

Your lioness is precious! I love her expressions.

Here are my thoughts on things you might do.
    You could add motion to the tail in the walking animation. It is really noticeable from the back that t isn't moving.
    Define the back of her shirt. It may just be because she is wearing a white shirt on a white background, but from the side animation it looks like the line from the back of her arm is where her back ends.

I hope that helps.

BobFeeserVO likes this.
  3. Esteban5XG

Esteban5XG New Member

Looks pretty cool, man. I would add some motion expression on its ears. Could be funny.

4. BobFeeserVO

BobFeeserVO New Member

I think you should add more frames to this. It would allow you to add way more motion to the character, like Mallory said. I think you definitely need some sway in the skirt, ears and tail and more bend in the arms. As far as the art I like it. It's simple solid colors, maybe you should use a less saturated set of colors but I don't know what the overall look of the game is.